Siciliano's Market Homebrew Party Hard Lemonade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I attended the party couple of weeks ago with my wife and she really liked the hard lemonade we sampled. I got a few notes on this, and can probably infer what I need to make something, but I have a question or two for the person who made it.

Unfortunately, I don't know who that is!

My notes say to use:
5 lemonade concentrate
5 pink lemonade concentrate
2 bags of lemons
10 lbs sugar (!!!)
Amarillo Hops

So my wife bought some Meijer lemonade mix jars (she said she remembers they used Meijer brand) and I was thinking it took concentrate. So there is some confusion there. Wife says maybe the concentrate doesn't have as much sugar as the mix and that's why there is so much sugar in the recipe...

Well, I don't know. She says the guys who served it claimed it was 10%.

Also, with about 2 weeks to get this fermented and carbed for a Birthday Party, I'm considering dropping some of the sugar to get it down to between 6 and 8 ABV. Also plan on using yeast nutrient and lots of oxygen.

Not sure what the recipe was. I half-assed it and have not gotten around to checking it again. I would say it wasn't looking very good when I last racked it, but sometimes these things have a way of coming around, so I'm not giving up, just haven't had the spare time to mess with it.

I did remember who told me the recipe at the party, so I do plan on contacting them again in the future when I give it another try.

Back