What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working from the beach isn't bad...no beer though. First time here and wanted to scope it out first. Conference calls are much better at this office. :)

1407433047311.jpg

Water, again, after a heavy squat day followed by a make-you-wanna-slap-your-momma tough mother****er of heavy resistance on the bike for 45 min. I'm beginning to sound like banesong and Mark. :fro: No idea why I did both - but I did.

My quads are done. Needless to say, I think I need a few beers after such a beast-mode session. :D
Don't you have a Facebook account you can post your workouts to or something? :D

I kid I kid...really!
I mowed the lawn and need a nap. You're a monster.

Water. Can't wait until after I get out of work and head over to the doctor I hate...then I can drink!

I should.

Haha no. No one who posts regularly to this thread. Just dimwits who don't get it. Best to ignore than to pop off and get banned.

You're a female who drinks beer, makes beer, has a job and mows the lawn. What's not to love? Stop being so stalk'able.

I kid, best to just ignore the looser(s). :D

You're a female who drinks beer, makes beer, has a job and mows the lawn. What's not to love? Stop being so stalk'able.

I kid, best to just ignore the looser(s). :D

haha! The kid isn't stalking me, he's just incapable of moving on from a point made and on a good day, I will snark off bad and then lose my home away from home here.

FWIW, I ride a motorcycle, have done and can do extensive remodeling including building furniture (from studs up), I may have a fairly adorable side when I want to, I cook and clean. I mean, since we're on the subject and all. :ban:

But seriously, I'm fuqing around. I find it best to ignore internet trolls because I tend to be outspoken and I don't want to hurt their fragile hearts.

More water. I really want a drink, a nap, and this meeting to end. Not in that order.

I love the beer store.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407437520.481864.jpg

Went back for more as soon as the shipment arrived. Smacked.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407437545.384001.jpg

I would like to thank Mark for reminding me I needed to drink an IPA today.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407438851.561293.jpg

Fresh.

Water.
But, in honor of IPA day, I picked up a growler of a local IPA to enjoy tomorrow. Also here are some pictures of my currently fermenting IPAs. :D
Sauvin Blanc- all Nelson Sauvin hopped farmhouse IPA ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407439559.371771.jpg
It's A Trapp- Belgian IPA ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407439657.964520.jpg
Ryedin' the Storm Out- dark rye IPA ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407439725.871725.jpg

It does. On the browser version:

Control panel>Settings & options>edit ignore list.

Holy mackerel think I need to use this too...

I have no IPAs in the house. Guess I'll have to celebrate tomorrow after a trip to the store.
Having a Bell's porter instead.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407445222.194734.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It's a Portuguese corker (mainly for wine, but I've been using it more and more) and the corks are sold as "Belgian" corks. Don't try to use wine corks, these are wider.

Be careful which corks you get. My LHBS sells "Belgian" corks that don't seem to hold pressure (they're marked "DIAM2" on them, which are wine corks as far as I can tell). They're sized right, and the beer carbonates but loses pressure over time. The ones most that seem to work the best are marked "REF" on the side. There's apparently others out there that have the same problem.

Onto pint #2 of Pale Mild.

Be careful which corks you get. My LHBS sells "Belgian" corks that don't seem to hold pressure (they're marked "DIAM2" on them, which are wine corks as far as I can tell). They're sized right, and the beer carbonates but loses pressure over time. The ones most that seem to work the best are marked "REF" on the side. There's apparently others out there that have the same problem.

Onto pint #2 of Pale Mild.

My LHBS doesn't sell Belgian anything so I get mine from Northern Brewer and so far they've worked.

Home brewed blonde in my gravity chair, no kids, no wife, no fellow campers and no problems. And, yes, it's in a clear glass in the sun...you got a problem with that?ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407446650.482703.jpg

Pale Mild pint #3.

Determination is made that I can prime a little higher next time. 1.2 volumes and the polypins still had a little room to expand without needing to be vented. I'll go 1.4 volumes next time (I usually do 1.5 volumes for my English beers in bottles)

I believe Northern Brewer sells the REF ones. I've heard the MoreBeer ones are problematic.

Great, I have a hundred from More Beer, no markings. Is there a thread discussing this? I would rather buy more then waste a beer that I put a fair amount of time and money.

On a better note, BEER, Cascade, amarillo IPA,

IMG_4131.jpg

Great, I have a hundred from More Beer, no markings. Is there a thread discussing this? I would rather buy more then waste a beer that I put a fair amount of time and money.

On a better note, BEER, Cascade, amarillo IPA,

It's what I've garnered from some internet searching. I don't have a specific thread to point to you, but it's mentioned on here in a few places, along with others. If you search for corked beer not maintaining carbonation, you'll come across it. I'm a little annoyed in that my Lamebic and BW were corked with those corks. They hold a LITTLE pressure, but it's not even half of what I primed them to (ie my BW that was primed to almost 4 volumes has as about much carbonation as my Pale Mild, although it was very well carbonated at a couple weeks in the bottle). A flat Lamebic I'm ok with. But the BW annoys me. My Brett English Barleywine was corked with different corks (the NB ones) and that's holding pressure just fine.

Edit: I'd also note that given that they're on the other side of the country, I've never ordered anything from MoreBeer, so I have no direct experience with their corks, just that folks have called their corks out by name as not being reliable.

Back