My Keg Fridge....Work in Progress

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autobaun70

Reaction score
Here she is. I am planning on moving the taps outside of the box, my original thought was to keep them inside to keep the cleaner, but I think I am just going to get a few faucet covers as well as set up to Perlicks. I have room for either 5 corney's, or I can run a 1/2 barrel sanke + 2 corneys (once the interior tap mount is removed.

Don't bash the BMC too bad.....this was from football season, my folks by the tickets, I provide the beer, thankfully most everybody we tailgate with likes Bud & Miller. That is a keg of Yeungling on tap, my everyday goto cheap beer.

I built the shelves weekend before last. They are built so that if I add a fermentation fridge, I can just cut out the shelves & the support just to the right of the current fridge, and add a cantilever support from the wall and be good to go. I cut out the shelf above the fridge to accommodated the CO2 tank, it is just sitting directly on top of the fridge. I picked up a 3 way distribution bar for inside the fridge, which should easily handle my needs.

The only other thing I want to add is a second regulator off of the bottle so that I can transfer at low pressure between kegs, and also have the option to force carb inside the fridge more quickly without taking the beer on tap out of service. I am thinking one additional 2 way distribution bar with one leg outside the fridge and one going into the fridge should take care of this nicely.

IMG00009-20101001-1945.jpg

IMG00077-20110116-1941.jpg

IMG00083-20110124-2043.jpg

Nice set up. How are planning on dealing with the 'tap handle accidentally opened by freezer door' issue?

Nice set up. How are planning on dealing with the 'tap handle accidentally opened by freezer door' issue?

Just mount them lower on the door so that it's not an issue. I may run the taps out of the side of the fridge rather than the door. The rolling work bench with the miter saw on it is tentatively planned to be stored to the left of the fridge. The bench is 2' deep, where the shelves are 35", hopefully the layout will allow for it to come out there which will make things much simpler, not to mention avoid tangled lines going to the door. The silver spot in the middle of the door is a bottle opener.

Did some work on the fridge tonight. I got the 4 way distribution bar put in, and cut the hole through the side for one of the faucets....still got to pick up one more, and also got the drip tray installed. By my measurements, I have the following options:

(2) corneys + (1) 1/2 barrel commercial keg
(3) corneys + (1) 1/4 barrel commercial keg
(5) corneys or commercial 1/6 barrel kegs

I am probably just going to stick with 4 or less overall, with 2 on tap at any one time. I have a picnic faucet that I can use for sampling if needed, just need to get a ball lock connector for it.

The only problem that I ran into, the barb fitting on the gas connectors I have are only 3/16" rather than the typical 5/16 that I normally have seen for sankey taps, no big deal, but I didn't have the reducer to step it down so I was unable to put any of the corneys under pressure tonight as I had planned. I got my first two batches kegged, and kinda jury rigged it up by just tightening the crap out of a pipe clamp so that I could get a good seal and purge the kegs of oxygen. I can't imagine that this will be a problem.

IMG00084-20110125-2304.jpg

IMG00085-20110125-2306.jpg

IMG00087-20110125-2308.jpg

Back