Screw on bottle caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewin_Bob

Reaction score
I've got a good number of empties that are screw ons. I went to get caps from Defalco's this past Saturday and Scott said that he didn't regularly carry the caps that are suitable for those kind of bottles and the ones that he carries won't crimp on properly. Anyone know of where I can get some on a semi-regular basis? Thanks.

I've read about people using regular pop top caps on screw top bottles but I've never done it. I personally don't keep any screw top bottles, I'd say either try it and be prepared for some that don't seal properly or check with a local bar and see if you can get pop top bottles and just use those. Also check your local craigslist, there are frequently people around here giving away bottles or selling them pretty cheap.

This also comes from reading what many people who frequent this forum write.

Most folks say that they use regular pop off tops with a good success rate.

Also many say that you need a bench capper because the wing cappers will break a good number of bottles.

Furthremore you probably need to be prepared to lose a few bottles.

I have a buddy that reuses the twist off caps by simply twisting them back on.

Back