My new free True Freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberbackpacker

Reaction score
I scored this for free!

I will use it as my kegerator and lagering chamber; I should be able to fit up to 8 slim 1/4 barrel sankes in here.

My plan is to have one level for serving, and the other for cold storage/lagering.

:rockin:

dscn3010-57777.jpg

Wow...congrats on the score. I'm on the hunt for a chest freezer/kegerator at the moment and hoping I can come across a deal on craigslist. Have you decided how you're going to set up the taps and what not?

I have been wanting an upright freezer to maximize my floor space in my brew area, and was stoked to have this fall into my lap! Being large enough to pull double duty for me is key. My current 1/2 barrel KegErator will now get transitioned to just being a ferm chamber.

As for taps, I will keep it simple, and just have them coming through the front door; I currently have 4 Perlick 525ss that I will mount (I may end up just going with three... I'll have to see). The only thing I have to figure out is a driptray solution.

I threw 6 of my empty kegs in the freezer, and the 4 x 1/4 slims fit perfectly! I think I will end up having the serving kegs on the bottom shelf so I have easier access to the couplers. The upper shelf will be for cold storage/lagering.

:mug:

Sweet score!

But you'll just have the taps coming out the door? No drip tray? :)

Back