Accidental sour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blh3d

Reaction score
Ok guys here is my predicament. A few months back i brewed Brandon Os graff. Followed the recipe and used four gallons of store bought organic cider. Pitched 1056 and had a crazy fermentation. After three weeks i bottled the Graff and racked a batch of rye pa on the yeast cake. Results are the graff tastes like apple flavored lemon juice and the rye pa lost hop character and tastes something like a rodenbach. Any ideas what may have happened ot what went wrong? Not that its to wrong because i like sour beers

The organic cider was probably not pasteurized so it came along with the bacteria and wild yeast from the apples. They ended up in the cake and soured both.

Watch out for exploding bottles of graff.

Popped the top on one if the bottles of Graff after about a month of conditioning and it has almost zero carbonation.

I have an intended lambic that ended up flat also can I unbottle and add yeast and primer to get it carbed

Back