• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Tri-Clover Filter/Strainer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pola0502ds

Reaction score
For sale:

(1) complete Tri-Clover Filter/Strainer as seen on brewershardware.com
(1) .2 mesh filter screen
(1) .3 mesh filter screen

This is a lightly used item.

Price: 115 + shipping + paypal fee.

Price if bought new from website, over $150 plus shipping.

I can take pictures tonight when I get home from work and post them later. The queue is as follows:

-Mellman - He had contacted me first with a question, waiting for a response back
-marquex
-Neopol

-Maquex, yes it comes with the gasket and clamp
-CrankyBeaver, it is not a plate filter, go to brewershardware.com to view it. Will post pictures later.

Why are you selling it? I ask because I just got mine last week. Trial run with 4 oz. of pellet hops and a whirlpool indicates it's gonna do exactly what I need. Just curious.

image-2126562364.jpg

Here is the pic

Mellman didnt want it so Marquex is next in line, I sent him a PM.

Heres the deal, on my system I constantly have flow issues. I'm not sure if it's because the diameter of my tubing, fittings, or what. When i have this filter hooked up, IT TAKES FOREVER TO CHILL DOWN 10 GALLONS. I tried putting the filter after the pump and that made the flow 10 times better but it didn't catch anything. It just pushed everything through the filter. But that was without the smaller screens on.

So i brewed 40 gallons with a nylon bag and most of the hops were left right in that bag, no flow issues, and now I am selling the filter.

If you are questioning it, call derrin at brewers hardware or ask other people what they think of it. It just happens that this filter does not make a good fit for my system.

Back