New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Single hop Mosaic IPA. 7.9%, 50 IBU

flaked oats in the grist and 3.5oz of whole flower Mosaic in the hopback. you can smell this one across the room

xatqg1.jpg

good thing you didn't post that pint in the epic pictures and memes thread..likely it would have offended somebody

Citra & Mosaic IPA with 10% rolled oats. Only two weeks in the bottle at this point and still pretty hazy, but I'm always a little impatient with this style. Amazing white grape, mango character - cheers!

IMG_2319.jpg

I did use yeast, but not that strain.

Did I just I go there? I shouldn't have. I apologize.

You are neither the first, nor will you be the last to go there. I believe I went there once. And someone responded with an article on some website about how it was impossible. Oh internet, how you tell me things I never wanted to know...

Well, la-dee-da!

So when we got married, someone put 2 and 2 together and realized that I love good beer and SWMBO loves Waterford, so they got us a pair of Waterford Pilsner glasses. TBH, except for this picture, they're used exclusively as flower vases, but I made my first ever successful, crystal-clear Pilsner lager, so it called for the fancy glass.

Now I'm going to drink this beer, and carefully wash and dry the glass and return it to the cabinet because I'm afraid I'm gonna break this damn thing.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1457304578.796553.jpg

So when we got married, someone put 2 and 2 together and realized that I love good beer and SWMBO loves Waterford, so they got us a pair of Waterford Pilsner glasses. TBH, except for this picture, they're used exclusively as flower vases, but I made my first ever successful, crystal-clear Pilsner lager, so it called for the fancy glass.

Now I'm going to drink this beer, and carefully wash and dry the glass and return it to the cabinet because I'm afraid I'm gonna break this damn thing.
The good news is, real crystal (like Waterford) is actually harder to break than glass so you should be good! I still wouldn't feel comfortable drinking out of it however... ;)

Kal

IIPA @ 9.5%
I was able to fill this 22 with what wouldn't fit in the keg. Kinda fun to have 1 out of the batch that bottle conditioned after drinking on the kegged version for a few days.

izrozo.jpg

So I have posted this "pint" before, but I'm posting a pic of the same beer again because I learned something here. Although I have read many times over that you should store your beer in brown glass to keep the light out, or at the very least store it in the dark. I am the kind of person that doesn't completely believe something until I see, or taste in this case, the evidence first hand. This particular beer, a SMASH blonde ale, was bottled in various types and colors of glass bottles, some clear and some brown. I do attempt to keep them out of the light as much as possible but they do see the light of day on occasion. A few days ago I had some of this beer out of a clear glass flip top bottle and after a few sips I felt like I was drinking a Corona. Today I decided to try one that was bottled in brown glass and that flavor wasn't there. A few days ago I gave a craft beer drinking colleague a clear glass bottled sample and asked him today if he thought it was a little skunked and he thought so also.

The below is at bottling day and a sample from this afternoon.

IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg

A Rye and Centennial Pale Ale.

Great pic and bravo to the choice of glass. We call em Libby glasses here and they're my favorite beer glass even over my fancy etched and IPA glasses. To be fair the Sam Adams glass is a close second. ;)

Back