pin lock corny kegs to ball lock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the opportunity to but 3 kegs for 20 bucks and i am told ball locks are better and easier to connect and disconnect just wondering how muck it would cost to convert them

Care to expand on that?

Well, they both work equally well, and it doesn't hurt to mix and match.

The only differences that might matter are the diameter and height (as far as fitting in kegerator/keezer), and converting won't effect this.

Unless there's something I'm not getting... :confused:

I have the opportunity to but 3 kegs for 20 bucks and i am told ball locks are better and easier to connect and disconnect just wondering how muck it would cost to convert them

$30-$40 at the link I provided.

I don't think ball locks are necessarily better, but they are probably a little easier to take apart.

Conversion is a waste of time and money IMO. All you need are another set of in/out fittings. If you buy screw end fittings it makes switching between the types fast and simple.

What you said implied there was no reason to switch. Personally, I wouldn't buy pin lock kegs unless it was a great deal simply because I already have ball locks. And if i did buy pin locks, I would convert for the same reason. I was curious if you had a reason that pin locks are somehow better.

Another factor often overlooked is that most (all?) the Pin lock kegs are fatter and shorter. May not be an issue but I can get three ball lock kegs in my Kegerator but can't get the door closed on the pin lock kegs due to the extra half inch diameter on each keg.

Back