Fermtation chamber- need ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabledawg

Reaction score
I was in need of temp. control when fermenting ales. While at work a team of installer where taking out the center consoles out of our work trucks to install different models. So I scooped four of them up thinking they would good for storage. So got home and just by change put the next to a better bottle then the light went off. I was thinking of making a swamp cooler out of it, but too many holes in the bottom of it. Then I thought of covering the outside of two of them with some thick foam board and connecting them with some pvc pipe. One box would hold the better bottle and the other I would cover the inside also with foam board, install computer fan and put these huge cold paks inside of it. Thinking is the computer fan will suck the cool air from on and send it to the one holding the better bottle. I have a old lcd thermostat the the probe can be detached on to control the cycle of the computer fan. I have a habit of over thinking things, so let me hear what you think.

Currently have 3 gallons of mead in this one lined with a trash bag. The JAOM got really messy glad I added the trash bag.

I made a chamber in the garge and pump cool fluid from a frezzer. It works well but took way to long to build. It has a range og 40 to 65F. it handled the 100+ temps in the garge this summer. Looking foward to testing out this winter. Keep tweeking the design and recording your changes and you find a really good set up.

Back