Re-glueing corny rubber handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gandelf

Reaction score
Yes I searched, glue +corny +handle = nothing. Can anyone recommend a glue to reattach the rubber handle to a corny? Hopefully someone who has been down this road can chime in?

I use Gorilla Glue and have gotten great results.

Apply the glue, spray a little water on it, and put some weight on top of the corny to hold it in place and it's good to go in about 4 hours.

I have used Gorilla Glue before and it worked great. Why did you apply some water? I know water will thin it, but I don't see how that would be advantageous?

I have used Gorilla Glue before and it worked great. Why did you apply some water? I know water will thin it, but I don't see how that would be advantageous?

Because that's what the directions said:D

Gorilla glue is a polyurethane glue so it requires moisture to cure. If you spray some on it will cure quicker.

This is why though^^^

The stuff works great. I carry full cornies around by the re-glued handle and don't have a concern.

I tried contact cement first, but it failed

The Gorilla Glue expands as it cures so make sure that you have something relatively heavy sitting on it to hold it down.

I just trimmed what oozed out with knife after it cured.

Latest posts

Back