Backyard Brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats how you get into the attic. Water heater,aircondition/furnace, ect.
Altho, I like babalu87's answer better :)

Thats how you get into the attic. Water heater,aircondition/furnace, ect.
Altho, I like babalu87's answer better :)

You need a sign.
Ninja-exit.png

YES! Huzzah! Gorgeous set-up. What did you brew? And how was the rig... did you hit all your numbers?

Brewd a version of Ed Worts plae ale with all Amarillo hops.
Still a few bugs to work out, but rig performed pretty well.
Gathered a little more wort than needed for the boil off rate, so came in 2 points under. Not bad.

I just read thoguh this whole post, I loved the follwoing quote. (And now i have something else to work toward {other than trying to retire before 70})

Thanks guys. It really is a dream come true.
Some people have a boat,or camp, or condo on the beach, or they travel, gamble, or whatever.
We get together with friends and family and cook, and eat, and drink.
so it makes sence that thats where we'd spend our money.
We work hard.
We just celebrated our 25th anniversary. We did not have much money in the early days(none!) This is our reward for the next 25 years.

Kegtoe- my Brother in law and I did the floors.
It's plain concrete, scored, and stained.
Looks like a million bucks, but is actually much cheaper than tile, ect.
Ohiobrewtus- YOU know how much better a beer tastes in a place designed for fun, AND how proud it makes you when people compliment it.

If I had ohio's basement and deck and could walk out back and have Layne's pub in my backyard, I'd say, "****, I'm dead. But heaven rocks!"

Really impressive, makes my ideas for my basement seem really insignificant right now. lol I brought the idea of the cement floor up to my wife, but living in Iowa she's concerned about how cold the floor will get in the winter.

Ohiobrewtus- YOU know how much better a beer tastes in a place designed for fun, AND how proud it makes you when people compliment it.

Yes, I do. It feels great, doesn't it? I'm having all of my buds over next Saturday for a party (first time some of them will see it), so I'm looking forward to seeing their reaction. That's part of the enjoyment after all of the hard work, isn't it?

If I had ohio's basement and deck and could walk out back and have Layne's pub in my backyard, I'd say, "****, I'm dead. But heaven rocks!"

If I had Layne's pub in my backyard, I'm not sure that I would use my basement *OR* my deck!

Really impressive, makes my ideas for my basement seem really insignificant right now. lol I brought the idea of the cement floor up to my wife, but living in Iowa she's concerned about how cold the floor will get in the winter.

Let her know that once you get below about 4' or so, the temp doesn't change... winter won't make the floors colder.

Amazing. Absolutely taking this hobby to a whole new level. And here I am looking at all the keezers thinking how difficult it might be to build one...

friggin thumbs up man! that place is bigger then my house i'm renting, and it's a 4 bedroom with 2 floors... lol

great job!

Just discovered this thread.

That's quite a "pool shack" you got there. As a former resident of La. I have a pretty good understanding of how this will be enjoyed. I read through the thread looking for a worthy brew rig to complement the "shack".

Nice job all around.

PS I miss crawfish season.

Late subscriber signing in! I think that is every guy's dream, especially on this site.

A walk in cooler/cold room would be the icing on the cake. The possibilities for lagering, aging, and a massive yeast bank would be great.

I'm hoping to finish my basement soon which will house my future brewpub. This build has given me a lot of ideas.

Dear sweet Jebus that is such a nice set-up!

I demand pics of the entire brewday!!! :D

Brewin solo today.
Kinda hard to take pics and brew. Much less while im trying to figure the intricacies of the new rig.

I just saw this for the first time today..........Mary Mother of Jebus this is incredible.

I'm insanely jealous. You Rock!! :rockin:

Amazing,simply amazing. My wife and I just had our 20th anniversary in November. Gotsta get saving if I want to build one like yours in 5 years.

I think the title of DIY is not worthy of this thread. This and a few other builds should have its own home. I am suggesting a Brew Shed/Man Cave forum, to celebrate the amazing places that the members here have created to create or consume their beer in. Then we need another forum for just the Backyard Brewpub as it is in a class of its own. Other people could start threads in that forum as soon as they have a place for 60 of their closest friends to party in style without messing up the house.

Back