CT Brewers Check-In

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mods, sorry if this is double-posting of some type.

I'm brewing this Saturday, and I'd love for anyone in the area to come join me. Bring some brews, or your own gear and we'll do multiple batches. I've got a 20G Blichmann, 17.5 Gallon Rubbermaid Mash Tun, and a Keggle that I'll be using. On the side, I have a 5 Gallon mashed-together kettle that someone could use, plus other assorted random bits of gear.

Wish I could. Wife is working on Saturday, and I have my son. Some day, he'll be old enough to drag out to random dudes' houses for brewdays. haha. Enjoy. Sounds like a great set-up.

None just yet. My fathers assisting with most of the construction build up in mass. I'm headed up there Saturday to try and finish it up. Then it's just running the tap lines and wiring up the controller and it's good to go!

7.2 cubic ft freezer, 4 perlick ss faucets, love electronic controller, copper paneling, ss drip trays. Stained oak, casters etc... It will be a piece of furniture for sure

Wow. That sounds awesome. Can't wait to see pics of the finished product.

Going to pickup me new (to me and hopefully all goes well) 10cu ft woods chest freezer to use as a ferm chamber!!!!

Hey guys....HomeBrew Hunter here. I am a homebrewer in CT and have started a Facebook Page and soon to have a website up and running. My thought process is to help promote homebrewing in the state of Connecticut. I hope to keep everyone up to date on upcoming events and homebrew contests, tips from fellow homebrewers, tips from the pros, deals and discounts in the area, etc. I would like to also see more homebrew contests in the area. I hope to work with the local breweries, brew pubs and restaurants to help celebrate us homebrewers...who knows we could be the next up and coming brewery in CT! I haven't got it all figured out yet but I am going to try and figure it out and I would love to hear from you guys on thoughts and ideas of things you would like to see regarding homebrewing. Maybe we can get some newbie/intermediate/master brewing classes hosted by some of the area homebrew shops. How about contests with specifics items (certain hop variety, or specific malt, or local honey, etc) that must be used in your beer but the style is up to you? Then see who comes up on top. How about an event that lets the public decide on the winner based on taste and creativity and not necessarily BJCP guidelines? Just a few ideas that i am throwing around right now. Seeing as fall is right around the corner I would love to get some place to host a pumpkin beer brew off. Again style is up to you but pumpkin (squash or sweet potato) must be contained within the beer. Along with that maybe a pumpkin inspired label contest or maybe best creation for drinking vessel made from a gourd? I enjoy the art of brewing and I would like to share with more people.

Again let me know what you all think. Maybe I am out in left field but I think this could be a good time, and a great way of showing off our hard work and love for brewing beer!!

Cheers - Homebrew Hunter :mug: Facebook Link

Hey guys....HomeBrew Hunter here. I am a homebrewer in CT and have started a Facebook Page and soon to have a website up and running. My thought process is to help promote homebrewing in the state of Connecticut. I hope to keep everyone up to date on upcoming events and homebrew contests, tips from fellow homebrewers, tips from the pros, deals and discounts in the area, etc. I would like to also see more homebrew contests in the area. I hope to work with the local breweries, brew pubs and restaurants to help celebrate us homebrewers...who knows we could be the next up and coming brewery in CT! I haven't got it all figured out yet but I am going to try and figure it out and I would love to hear from you guys on thoughts and ideas of things you would like to see regarding homebrewing. Maybe we can get some newbie/intermediate/master brewing classes hosted by some of the area homebrew shops. How about contests with specifics items (certain hop variety, or specific malt, or local honey, etc) that must be used in your beer but the style is up to you? Then see who comes up on top. How about an event that lets the public decide on the winner based on taste and creativity and not necessarily BJCP guidelines? Just a few ideas that i am throwing around right now. Seeing as fall is right around the corner I would love to get some place to host a pumpkin beer brew off. Again style is up to you but pumpkin (squash or sweet potato) must be contained within the beer. Along with that maybe a pumpkin inspired label contest or maybe best creation for drinking vessel made from a gourd? I enjoy the art of brewing and I would like to share with more people.

Again let me know what you all think. Maybe I am out in left field but I think this could be a good time, and a great way of showing off our hard work and love for brewing beer!!

Cheers - Homebrew Hunter :mug: Facebook Link

You need to check out CT Beer Trail. Great organization run by a buddy of mine for craft brewers, home brewers, and beer lovers.

Hey there CS155, I am familiar with Bryon's site and I definitely support it. I promote the site and the Trailblazer card program on my page. He is doing a great job getting the CT beer trail known throughout the state! I hope to help compliment his work focusing specifically on the homebrewing aspect of it.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

honed in the new mill yesterday with the help of a friend and cleaned the garage tonight... ready to brew a pumpkin AG batch tomorrow

AG brewer from Branford - 5 gallons to go this year until I hit the legal limit in CT...

AG brewer from Branford - 5 gallons to go this year until I hit the legal limit in CT...

I work in Branford, in the industrial area behind the truck stop.

Congrats on an excellent brew year.

I just moved to Branford in september, i live near the harley dealership on route 1. I brew ag as well

so.... was brewing an AG batch tonight, out of the front of my garage, minding my own business.

got 25 minutes into the boil and some older guy drives up and summons me over to his car. asking what i was "cooking" then was shocked when i told him i was brewing beer. he asked if i had an open flame, saying that propane tanks like the one i was using were "illegal in the complex" and then told me he was the president of the homeowners association and was going to have to report me for my conduct. i was trying to not play hardball and comply and i just politely told the guy that i was watching it the entire time and had about a half hour left and asked if i was allowed to finish up this batch etc blah blah blah and his response "well it doesnt matter what you do, i'm already reporting you"

F*ck you buddy... looks like going forward i'm just going to have to keep my garage door closed most of the way... turns out this is less safe than if they just let me do it my way... im just expecting a phone call tomorrow from these *ssholes.

that being said i moved into this place in september. within the 2nd week there was a hole that fell through the ceiling because of rain, which still isnt fixed... if this is addressed before that hole in the ceiling is repaired i'm going to go apesh*t

That stinks about the propane complaint. That's a fight nobody wants. Going electric is a good option. Maybe you can run an extension cord from his unit.

Never saw this thread before....Brewing in Meriden, CT.

That stinks about the propane complaint. That's a fight nobody wants. Going electric is a good option. Maybe you can run an extension cord from his unit.

Never saw this thread before....Brewing in Meriden, CT.

Welcome!

Reading for some time thought it was finally time to sign up. We use a large all grain set up breweing about once a month. Looking forward to brewing an American Amber this holiday weekend.

Hello From Manchester.

Just brewed my first all grain batch.. was fun, learned a lot (good and bad, lol).

Hello From Manchester.

Just brewed my first all grain batch.. was fun, learned a lot (good and bad, lol).

Congrats. It gets easier. First AG batch can be frustrating and stressful. It gets so much easier as you get your processes down.

Checking in from Somers, CT

I just survived an electric brewery build in my basement and have a few different beers in the fermenter.

If anybody was goegraphically nearby and interested in meeting up that would be fantastic. Still learning a lot and this forum is incredibly helpful although it does seem like an obsession as this point.

Checking in from Somers, CT

I just survived an electric brewery build in my basement and have a few different beers in the fermenter.

If anybody was goegraphically nearby and interested in meeting up that would be fantastic. Still learning a lot and this forum is incredibly helpful although it does seem like an obsession as this point.

Hi from Hamden.

Check out Hartford Craigslist. Someone in Simsbury just posted up all of his equipment. Prices seem very fair. $25 corny kegs.

Hi from Manchester also. Been brewing for 10 months, 4 of which are AG. Having a blast and love it.

just moved from chicago to westbrook, brewing all-grain...well, i will be once i get everything in order! have 4 full kegs to fill the void for now

This from the Sam Adams Long Shot Article announcing 2012 winners. This guy is from Salem, CT.

Zack Adams ' Magnificent Seven is a showcase of seven American hop varieties that impart a big piney and lingering resinous flavor. A true Imperial American IPA, this brew pours a rich bronze color. The slightly sweet malt character is pleasantly balanced by a pronounced hop bitterness with grapefruit, pine and earthy notes from the American hops. This medium-bodied IPA also delivers caramel, citrus, lemon and piney aromas.

Full Article:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...s-great-american-beer-festival-173953121.html

Back