BUD Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jeffm1000 said:
I live one mile from the Bud Plant in Merrimack NH. I'll tell ya, from the store it tastes like piss in a bottle(worse in a can) but is great on tap at the brewery!

I just went to a brewery tour at this plant today. Afterward I had their IPA and I must say that I'm not very impressed. I get the impression that they cut down on aroma and flavoring hops and used high alpha bittering hops to save cost. The result was a very harsh and unpleasant bitterness.

Now back to the topic. If you can make a BUD clone you can call yourself a master home brewer. This is one of the most dificult styles to make and this alone might get me into trying to brew one. The only problem is that it might take multiple interations to get it right and I don't really care for this style to much. So I rather stick to Munic Helles, which would also be a great beer to convert BMC drinkers.

No matter what you do, in order to make a clean and crisp lager (or even ale for that matter) that can convert a BMC drinker, you need to have your process down. The recipe is mostly very simple.

Kai

homebrewer_99 said:
No joke...it's a done deal...those aholes in DC think we're all sheep...

http://www.eagleforum.org/psr/2006/sept06/psrsept06.html :mad:

There is also growing talk of secession all over the various parts of the US. It is not a joke either http://www.secessionist.us/.

For a brief perspective on multilateralism, mercantilism, and regionalism related to the ongoing development of the so-called North American Union, see this essay from 10 years ago From NAFTA to Superstate

miafunk2003 said:
you could always brew some vanilla cream ale just use less hops and more vanilla

This is my plan as well.

I have been brewing for a few months, and SWMBO has been unresponsive. She is not a beer drinker, but had lunch with her sister at a microbrewery and fell in love with a Vanilla Cream Ale. She said, "can you make this?" Game On. A quick google search lead me to this site, which is why I am now a member.

My only problem is "Carmel Vanilla Cream Ale" is too long to fit onto my standard "Chicken Butt Beer" labels, so I have changed the name.

"Tampon Ale" it is now referred to in private circles. No disrespect to Cheesefood's recipe, of course.

ayrton said:
I was going to suggest mixing urine with water and carbonating it, but a kit will work too. ;)
I thought that Bud was a byproduct of Guiness?

...you could always try chilling the beer right down so it cannot be tasted.

dibby33 said:
I thought that Bud was a byproduct of Guiness?

...you could always try chilling the beer right down so it cannot be tasted.

I think in the US they have pretty close to the same gravity, in fact, the Bud may have higher gravity. Don't let color fool you.

Back