Any brewers in the Conway Area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no posts on this thread in over 3 weeks! man... somebody is getting lazy! :D
I have made Apfelwein, La Petite Orange Dubbel, and Centennial Blonde in the past couple of weeks and I'm brewing Cream of Three Crops right now...
Hope everyone else is OK...
:mug:

I haven't had a chance to brew like I wanted but I did keg some of my Shiner Ruby Redbird clone.

Still planning the watermelon Berliner vise and a 15 gallon batch of my bud lite clone.

Well the Ruby Redbird clone is awesome. I'm down to only 10 gallons in the fermentation chamber and 10 kegged/bottled. Time to get serious about brewing. The water melon Berliner is getting put on the back burner in favor of a 25 gallon batch of my bud lite clone. Yep, 25 gallons in one whack should boost up my "stores" fairly quick. I ordered 50 lbs of 6 row, and I have 20 lbs of rice on hand that I got for free.

I've been digging that Tommy Knocker IPA lately, found it in cans at #9 Liquor of all places.

I also got 2 STC 1000s, one for a 2nd fermentation chamber, and a another is going to be hard wired into my kegerator so I don't have that nasty freezing problem again. I'm also placing a computer in my brewing shed that will set atop my new 250 lb heavy dut cabinet/work bench. I have been gifted a window unit AC as well for it.

It's Friday for this roughneck!

I belong to the Fort Smith Ale Raisers brew club...they're having a big event tomorrow... aleontheborder.com Lots of brewery's beers to sample...food...music...door prizes, and a homebrew contest.

Having a nice Pumpkin beer tonight while enjoying the Cards game.

Spent the past couple days catfishing, now it's time to quit playing around and BREW. The brewery will be operational tomorrow in the AM. The TV will be playing missed episodes of Sons of Anarchy, and good, bad, right or wrong, Berliner Vise will be brewed.

What's everybody drinkin?

Having a nice Pumpkin beer tonight while enjoying the Cards game.

Spent the past couple days catfishing, now it's time to quit playing around and BREW. The brewery will be operational tomorrow in the AM. The TV will be playing missed episodes of Sons of Anarchy, and good, bad, right or wrong, Berliner Vise will be brewed.

What's everybody drinkin?

Eric...sounds like you have an excellent day planned tomorrow...if I wasn't going to my grand daughter's 3rd birthday party, I'd join you. I got 4 kegs coming...will get the rest of whatever I need after tomorrow. I will need lessons... :)
:rockin:

Unfortunately the only way to really "learn" about kegging, is to keg, and your going to need someone to help you learn how to pour those drafties. It could take years of practice....

Unfortunately the only way to really "learn" about kegging, is to keg, and your going to need someone to help you learn how to pour those drafties. It could take years of practice....

I hear ya... good thing I have plenty of beer to learn with... there are 4 buckets in the fermenter right now...

wonderful brewing weather... 3rd batch this month. :ban:

5.25# Pale Ale, 5.25# Vienna, .25# Cara 20L- US Goldings/Tettnang for hops and US-05... "Cathy Beer"... :mug:

not me... Eric and I brewed last week... he made 15 gallons of Pumpkin beer and I brewed some Oktoberfast... I know he is about to have his own little brewfest because he will be off for a few weeks and plans to use all 75# of grain that he has before he goes back to work... :)

Yep that's right, all part of my strict "No Grain Left Behind Program" for the end of this year.

I'm going to start off with my soon to be world famous Oatmeal Stout, or possibly a SMASH, can't decide. I'm thinking about saving the 15 gallon batch of Centenial/Amirillo IPA for when I can brew with you again Bob??

Also still planning to do the STC 1000 flash, I am going to upload the sketch to my Arduino in a few days so if you Bob, or anyone else wants one flashed so that it will display F instead of C just let me know.

I'm about to jazz up my kegerator, I started putting together an LED circuit on a bread board last night. I am going to do the top in pine boards, and mount the STC and LED power supply circuit inside of a project box that I will mount on the top in the back. For my tower I decided to make a mock miniature wellhead out of some hardware store fittings, the taps will actually be the "production valves". Probably cheaper than buying a stainless tower anyway, although I still have to buy faucets.

At the end of this year, or whenever I run out of grain, I'm going to stop brewing for a few months until I can get my electric brewery going.

WPS everyone and Cheers!

Yep that's right, all part of my strict "No Grain Left Behind Program" for the end of this year.

I'm going to start off with my soon to be world famous Oatmeal Stout, or possibly a SMASH, can't decide. I'm thinking about saving the 15 gallon batch of Centenial/Amirillo IPA for when I can brew with you again Bob??

Also still planning to do the STC 1000 flash, I am going to upload the sketch to my Arduino in a few days so if you Bob, or anyone else wants one flashed so that it will display F instead of C just let me know.

I'm about to jazz up my kegerator, I started putting together an LED circuit on a bread board last night. I am going to do the top in pine boards, and mount the STC and LED power supply circuit inside of a project box that I will mount on the top in the back. For my tower I decided to make a mock miniature wellhead out of some hardware store fittings, the taps will actually be the "production valves". Probably cheaper than buying a stainless tower anyway, although I still have to buy faucets.

At the end of this year, or whenever I run out of grain, I'm going to stop brewing for a few months until I can get my electric brewery going.

WPS everyone and Cheers!

sounds like you have a plan Eric... :rockin:

As you know... I'll brew just about any time and you are always welcome here.

I just kegged the Summit IPA yesterday...but was sad about running out of the Dead Ringer IPA... it was tasty.

I'm trying to decide what to make next... I may try an English IPA using lots of my Goldings...:mug:

sounds like you have a plan Eric... :rockin:

As you know... I'll brew just about any time and you are always welcome here.

I just kegged the Summit IPA yesterday...but was sad about running out of the Dead Ringer IPA... it was tasty.

I'm trying to decide what to make next... I may try an English IPA using lots of my Goldings...:mug:

OK well I would say tentatively that I can brew this coming weekend. You think we'll be ok with lifting that bag again for the 15 gallon batch?

The English style IPAs can be a nice change of pace, hit it with something to give a little more maltiness for bonus points in e'm.

I do have a lot of brewing plans going on that I'm excited about, unfortunately I have to do some brush burning, raking and other generally not fun work activities around the house while I'm off too. BUT, am headed on that cruise too!

OK well I would say tentatively that I can brew this coming weekend. You think we'll be ok with lifting that bag again for the 15 gallon batch?

The English style IPAs can be a nice change of pace, hit it with something to give a little more maltiness for bonus points in e'm.

I do have a lot of brewing plans going on that I'm excited about, unfortunately I have to do some brush burning, raking and other generally not fun work activities around the house while I'm off too. BUT, am headed on that cruise too!

I don't have any plans for next weekend yet... just let me know. As far as the English IPA I was thinking Pale Malt, Cara 60, Honey Malt, and torrified wheat...maybe all Goldings for boil hops, then Chinook for dry hop? Notty or 04 for yeast...?

Sounds like a solid plan to me, the Chinhook will be nice.

I just scored 15 packages of T-58 for less than a 20 dollar bill shipped on Amazon. One yeast that I have actually never used, that I can remember anyway. Guess I will try do some something Belgian for my other beer.

yesterday was another great (CHILLY) brew day for Eric and I. I made another batch of Dirty Cathy Blonde but used Willamette for hops... I hope it tastes wonderful since I now have 5 1/2 pounds of it! Eric did 15 gallons of his Broken G-String IPA (I think that's what it was called) and it was awesome to see about a pound and a half of hops hit the boil... :) We traded a few beers...tasted a few homebrews... and had a great time.

yesterday was another great (CHILLY) brew day for Eric and I. I made another batch of Dirty Cathy Blonde but used Willamette for hops... I hope it tastes wonderful since I now have 5 1/2 pounds of it! Eric did 15 gallons of his Broken G-String IPA (I think that's what it was called) and it was awesome to see about a pound and a half of hops hit the boil... :) We traded a few beers...tasted a few homebrews... and had a great time.

It was good, and my Broken G String IPA is bubbling happily away at the moment.

I got my STC-1000 flashed last night. What I can do Bob, or anyone else that is interested, I'll just give you a flashed one and you can trade me yours, it takes a little while for me to do the soldering and stuff. It does display F now instead of C, will upload a pic of that later.

I have no clue what I'm going to brew next. A Willamette Smash? haha

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

PB230112.jpg

Hope everyone had a Merry Thanksgiving. I've been handing out the pumpkin beer that I got kegged up. Today gonna try to get the AK-47 Pale Ale bottled, and maybe some pumpkin if I have time as well.

Over the weekend going to get that kegerator project going.

Here is a link to my youtube brewing channel. Many more videos waiting to be edited and uploaded:

https://youtu.be/eLw9225UO6M?list=PLWZBEFsy6rswLZCkgU_LjkCwKiILrqYZz

Hope everyone had a Merry Thanksgiving. I've been handing out the pumpkin beer that I got kegged up. Today gonna try to get the AK-47 Pale Ale bottled, and maybe some pumpkin if I have time as well.

Over the weekend going to get that kegerator project going.

Here is a link to my youtube brewing channel. Many more videos waiting to be edited and uploaded:

https://youtu.be/eLw9225UO6M?list=PLWZBEFsy6rswLZCkgU_LjkCwKiILrqYZz

You have been busy! It's a perfect weekend for doing the bottling...you sure ain't going to play outside the next few days.
:smack:

Got her fixed up! Now all I need to do is build a draft tower and top. That will be sometime early next year I think.

The brick is temporary until I can get some glue to mount the circulation fan at the top. The photo at the top is of the factory thermostat, which I removed.

PB280023.jpg

PB280025.jpg

PB280029.jpg

PB290030.jpg

PB290031.jpg

PB290032.jpg

PB290035.jpg

Well I survived another week in the tropical Sun. Honduras and Mexico were great, I especially enjoyed Belize. I am at a Crown Plaza in Houston for the night, we head home tomorrow.

I have someone wanting to learn to brew, and he is coming over Tuesday to brew with me. Bob your invited, or anyone else that wants to come of coarse. Not sure what I'm going to brew yet.

Bob, I have you a beer from Belize, and yes I had to fill out an entire customs declaration for that 12 oz bottle!

Merry Christmas!

PC080005.jpg

PC090354.jpg

PC070235.jpg

PC070254.jpg

PC080395.jpg

PC080410.jpg

PC080488.jpg

PC090281.jpg

PC090299.jpg

PC100019.jpg

Awesome pics! Glad you guys had fun and didn't get kidnapped... :) I really appreciate the beer and I'll trade you a lid for a 100 qt brew kettle for it... LOL. I can drill a thermometer hole in it first if you want. :ban:

Cool pics! Safe travels the rest of the way home!

Thanks man, hope everything is going well on your end too. We are actually cutting our vacation short, my cousin has to have emergency gallbladder surgery, so we have to take him from the hospital here back to Conway this morning, we were going to stay for the Texans and Patriots game, I sold my tickets last night. Has still been so fun though.

Has anyone heard any more news about the Miller-Coors and InBev merger?

Sounds like a fair trade to me Bob, I do need to get that hole drilled too.

Hey fellas. Sorry to raid your thread, this seems to be the only active one in Arkansas. I'm in beebe. Just getting into brewing. Brewed my 3rd 5 gal batch last night. A Belgian golden ale. Have an Irish red ready to bottle and was successful in my first brew of an Amber ale. Turned out great and went fast. They have all been kits so far but have plans of making my own recipe soon.

Hey fellas. Sorry to raid your thread, this seems to be the only active one in Arkansas. I'm in beebe. Just getting into brewing. Brewed my 3rd 5 gal batch last night. A Belgian golden ale. Have an Irish red ready to bottle and was successful in my first brew of an Amber ale. Turned out great and went fast. They have all been kits so far but have plans of making my own recipe soon.

cool. You are certainly welcome to come brew any time. I live north of Morrilton in St. Vincent on a farm...recently retired so I can brew when I want... I do 5 gallon BIAB mostly but 10 gallon batches for my wife. LOL
Bob

Welcome! I'm in Cabot and I've got a buddy in Antioch that brews. We'll have to try and get together sometime.

Thanks for the invite! Gotta keep her happy!

Your invited to my house Tuesday as well if your interested. Any questions, anything I can do to help. I'm sure your doing fine on your own, but when I started brewing I made about 1,000,000 mistakes that could have been avoided if I would have reached out to others. Not to mention, I'm famous for giving away homebrews. I have 250 bottles put up right now, 10 kegged, and 20 fermenting. I cannot possibly drink it all! Your not going to hurt my feelings by posting here just to BS, or to ask questions. That's why I started this thread.

Welcome! I'm in Cabot and I've got a buddy in Antioch that brews. We'll have to try and get together sometime.

Same invite to you, sure am glad to see some activity in this thread.

Back