Mythbusters cancelled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man thats crazy. Those guys are usually pretty on top of things, makes me wonder if it was Adam and Jamie or their idiots that work for them. Good show, but theres no way it will go on after this. At least, i don't think so.

I heard it was at a police firing range nearby...lol...I didn't know police used cannon balls?

Yea, the Alamida (sp?) bomb range. They have done multiple episodes there. I never realized there were neighborhoods that close to it. I always assumed it was out in the middle of nowhere.

The police don't, the MB were using the range.

I know, my point was what made them think it was a good place to do that? Just because it was a police firing range? I am sure it is safe for what the police do there...but not crazy science experiments with unknown outcomes.

Yea, the Alamida (sp?) bomb range. They have done multiple episodes there. I never realized there were neighborhoods that close to it. I always assumed it was out in the middle of nowhere.

Exactly, no place IMO to be doing crazy experiments with unknown outcomes (that is why they do them right? To see what happens).

I know, my point was what made them think it was a good place to do that? Just because it was a police firing range? I am sure it is safe for what the police do there...but not crazy science experiments with unknown outcomes.

They are pretty cautious honestly, and they have done some pretty serious experiments on that range with no incident.

They are pretty cautious honestly, and they have done some pretty serious experiments on that range with no incident.

I know I have seen the show, but like ^ said, you think they are in some remote location not some neighborhood police station/barracks. I guess now they know they need more space between these experiments and the public.

..and I was making a joke about it too. Like maybe next time they should go to a cannon ball firing range where it would be safer.

They have done a few cannon shows at some old airport that was close to the water. You would think they would have gone there instead.

I read it on another site that it was canceled but I'm not sure if it's true or not. I hope it isn't.

Here's another story where it's stated that they plan on airing the episode where the mishap took place:

'Mythbusters' cannonball accident leaves questions, worries and repairs - San Jose Mercury News

Also, it wasn't Adam and Jamie doing the myth. It was the other team of Tory, Grant, and Kari.

The video in your link states that episode won't be aired, but the show will continue.

>>>It was the other team of Tory, Grant, and Kari.

I called that one

I did some quick research and it seems to me Adam and Jamie aren't really all that qualified either. Neither have any engineering or science background. Not saying they are not smart or don't understand what they are doing but makes me suspect they got some advisors to help them plan these experiments.

If you watch that show and truly believe that anyone on it have any great intelligence whatsoever then please turn the TV off and read a book. It is a stupid show that has many flaws in its logic and most of their "experiments" are never given enough time or thought to make them hold any water. However the viewers eat it up and believe it.

If you watch that show and truly believe that anyone on it have any great intelligence whatsoever then please turn the TV off and read a book. It is a stupid show that has many flaws in its logic and most of their "experiments" are never given enough time or thought to make them hold any water. However the viewers eat it up and believe it.

You need to read this.

unscientific.png

I just want to go on record as saying,

Kari is hot!

Thats a scientific fact

Kari is freakin' spectacularly hot.

She's one of my "three" - the three women in the world who, if circumstances ever arose, my wife would be OK with me having sex with.

Homercidal said:
I just want to go on record as saying,

Kari is hot!

Sexy, artsy girl who knows how to weld and how to handle dangerous explosives.

Mythbusters has made geeks popular in a lot of ways. Mostly with high velocity rounds or explosives. :rockin: Being a scientist and geek, I'm glad they show the fun side of science.

What they don't bring is good examples of replication or exclusion of extra variables or inputs. But that would not make for great ratings or advertising.

That being said, I am really surprised they didn't test this cannon INTO a carved niche in the hillside. Say 300 yards of earth berm or something similar. Concrete is strong but then cannons were used to take down rock walls in forts.

Ooops.

I'm thankful no one was hurt or killed. I bet the mother company of MB will pay off the mortgages and repairs of those houses. lol

You can rip Mythbusters apart all you want but it's this generation's Carl Sagan. Think about how many young kids are being inspired to get into sciences because of how cool it is.

Discovery obviously has a healthy liability insurance policy. This is a blip on the radar.

You can rip Mythbusters apart all you want but it's this generation's Carl Sagan. Think about how many young kids are being inspired to get into sciences because of how cool it is.

That's exactly right, I watch this with Bean all the time because it's fun, it's teaching her a solid foundation for science (I think they get a lot more right than they get wrong), and I get to oogle Kari.

Speaking of hot, remember that brown-haired "Mythtern" Jess? She was pretty darn hot too.

Am I the only one who thought Scottie Chapman was pretty hot as well?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nH8ChvrNzM]Scottie Chapman Montage - 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Evidently whoever took the time to cut this did so too.

Latest posts

Back