30 LBS of Tangerines..what to make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scinerd3000

Reaction score
any idea what i should make? My buddy just gave me around 20-30 pounds of fresh ripe tangerines... I was thinking either a mikes hard lemonaid type beverage with tangerine juice, sugar, etc and nottingham yeast to leave some sweetness or a fruit wine. Any thoughts?

ok thanks to yooperbrew im going to do both of the recipes listed here: winemaking: requested recipe (Orange Wines)

will update when finished...

i lost alot when i racked off the pulp so i took up the space with santised glass stones. Believe it or not i have 3/4 of a gallon in there but it doesnt quite look like it. I have 2 gallons anf the other contained has less stones in it.
IMG_2373.jpg

Update: Pours crystal clear- will post a picture soon but it turned out almost as a sweet Risling. The tangerines come through terrifically and the only thing i would change would be slightly less sugar next time. Only slight. The fussels have dissipated by this point and its a very drinkable product! Pictures in glass to come

Guess I'll need to let mine set for another 2 years! Had some not nice flavors in mine that I started around Xmas. Thanks for the update, I hadn't found this one with a search.

Guess I'll need to let mine set for another 2 years! Had some not nice flavors in mine that I started around Xmas. Thanks for the update, I hadn't found this one with a search.

It was pretty nasty stuff until i let it sit- now its really nice...

Another question. I assumed you Bulk Aged between your postings.... is this true and you just bottled... or did you bottle after the 1/2009 post and Bottle Age?

Back