Absolute cheapest place to buy kegs???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhys79

Reaction score
I'm trying to find the absolute cheapest place to pick up a couple of kegs, including shipping to northern Indiana. So far, the cheapest I can find is Kegconnection.com grade B kegs. The LHBS here only sells new kegs (at $99 a pop...). I don't mind dented and/or ugly kegs, just need them to be cheap and hold pressure. The only other idea I have left is to stop by the local Pepsi plant and see if they might happen to have a few stashed somewhere that I could nab from them. I've been watching craigslist for a month now and other than picking up a 20lb CO2 tank and fridge for free, no luck on kegging stuff...

Any ideas??

Thanks! :mug:

to those who advocate kegconnection.com, do you usually recieve cornelius brand kegs or firestone brand kegs? I like to keep all my kegs the same, on the site it says that you could recieve either...

I have not had any luck with Pepsi plants. We have a bottling facility near by. I sent some emails to a few people there and they said that they can not give away or sell the kegs to the public. The reasoning was that they could guarantee what was stored in the kegs so they wouldn't want to be liable if something happened.

I bought four kegs from homebrewing.org. Two were firestone, two were cornelius, all were pretty beat up but came pressurized and sealed. Currently at $19.99 each. You get what you pay for. Worth it for the price, especially if you buy 3 or four at a time to save on shipping.

I also have gotten in the daily habit of searching the keyword "keg" on my local craigslist. It paid off last week when i scored a nice cornie for super cheap! Heck the nice guy also gave me a couple bottles of hombrew and think I made a new friend. :D

I just bought my first kegs today from keg connection!

:mug:

Total including shipping charges to Chicago was $141.16 for:

Cornelius Kegs (or Firestone) (4), 5 Gallon, Ball Lock (Pepsi Style) for Homebrew/Soda
***FREE O-RING PROMOTION, ORDER NOW AND GET 4 SETS OF O-RINGS, 4 LID, 8 POST AND 8 DIPTUBE O-RINGS FREE WITH YOUR ORDER!***These are four used 5 Gallon Ball Lock (Pepsi style), Soda Kegs. These kegs have been Cleaned and soaked in a hot PBW solution, re-rinsed, lubed and re-presureized to check the seals.

Back