can i increase abv 2 days into fermintation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muscleshoalsbrewer

Reaction score
I have already transfered into my MR.BEER keg, and i know your not supposed to open it, but can i introduce some sugar to my beer now to increase abv or is it to late? 3.7 % abv seems like to little and i would like to get it up aroud 5%, is it to late?

No, but instead of sugar why don't you add some malt extract? It will up the ABV without damaging the flavor.

Or, maybe this time just leave it. It might be better to have 3.7% good tasting beer than a higher alcohol beverage that could be oxidized and cidery from the sugar addition. For next time, you could decide in advance what to make, and do that before you put it in the Mr. Beer keg.

Oh, by the way, welcome to HBT! :mug:

You can always post anywhere you'd like in the forum, and read all of our posts. There are some really good "sticky"s at the top of the forum page. We have one dedicated to Mr. Beer, and several others that help cover some basic information. We also have a wiki- the link is above in the banner.

Again, welcome to HBT!

Latest posts

Back