What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, still making it. I love it, especially mixed with pineapple coconut juice and allowed to age at refrigeration temps for a couple months. Turns out awesome and dangerous. ;)

Yes it does. I've been adding all kinds of fruit juices and experimenting. Torani makes a bunch of flavored syrups in all kinds of flavors. Luckily they sell them at the local supermarket.

DC Brau 9th Gate. Not my favorite Mild, but decent.

1390691855791.jpg

All the beer related activity for the day is done , except the drinking!

Never heard of this place.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390692584.132469.jpg
Hop Trash IPA

Three Barrel Brewing out of Del Norte, CO.

I think the bomber was $6. At that price, there are better IPAs.

I made an Irish Stout. I transferred it to my primary and cooled it in the freezing temps outside. Brought it back in when it was about room temp (an hour). Took a reading and it was about 1.010. I immediately freaked. Seeing all of the residue on the bottom of my boiling pot I figured I would add it to the fermenter and swirl it around in hopes that it would raise the SG.

It didn't and then I noticed that my hydrometer had a crack and liquid got inside. You can stop laughing now.

Upon getting a new hydrometer, it read about 1.052, so all was good. But remember that residue? Well, that was all of the hops from the boil. Now I'm worried that leaving the hops in the fermenter will dramatically alter the taste. I had posted before and someone said that it isn't a problem it will just change the hop profile.

So, my question, is it really going to affect the taste that much leaving the hops at the bottom? I figure I've already boiled everything out of them so maybe they have nothing left to give/alter the taste. When I move it to the secondary and to my bottles I will leave these hops behind.

Or, should I look at transferring my beer to the secondary right now and let it finish fermenting there? The yeast has only been active for about 2 days. Using this method would I run the risk of not transferring yeast or some of the sugars to the secondary?

Thanks for all your opinions!

-Greg

Okay, I have a huge Asian market population around here... Recipe?

Ran out of dark beers. Now onto hoppy. Oh, and the kid has calmed down.

1390694262436.jpg

My gf is making me go to a ugly sweater party... All chicks.. Fml

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

Eh, bring some good beer and hopefully they'll take off their ugly sweaters? :D
Just got the dreaded "we've been drinking too much lately, especially you" followed by "when's the last time you didn't drink?" FML.
Doesn't she know it's sloppy Saturday? :what:

Beyond buzzed. Jesus take the wheel.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390695263.266008.jpg

Went down to the cellar to see what aged beers I had. I have about 35. I hate being insanely buzzed. It makes me want to tap into the aged stash. FML

Beyond buzzed. Jesus take the wheel.

View attachment 174798

Went down to the cellar to see what aged beers I had. I have about 35. I hate being insanely buzzed. It makes me want to tap into the aged stash. FML

Do it! Not that I have more than 30 aging. Getting ready for a DIPA, ignoring the potential 4 year Bigfoot vertical in my basement.

I really want to smack that 2012 BCBS. But I know I'll regret it in the morning when I am thinking clearly. I have a Hi-Res I want to murder after I suplex this Ruthless Rye.

Down the rabbit hole I go! So good, need to put some to bed for a while, would do nothing but get even bettter!

Love that beer. I have some chilling in the cellar, too. It's good either way.

Full Sail Session Black Lager. Awesome. Saving bottles for my lager that is in primary right now.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Home Brew mobile app

Back