Need input on the height on my brutus burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sourmash

Reaction score
Over the past holiday weekend I had a chance to mount my burners (90K BTU natural gas) and took a guess at the height. Just looking for some feedback for those who might have the same burners.

Thanks!
16jvw2.jpg

Are the 90K burners the 10-tip or 23-tip ones? I have the natural gas 23-tip for my HLT and it is about 10" below the kettle, which is just about right. Even with it that far away, I still get quite a bit of heat coming around the rim. Any closer than 10" and I'd have actual flames licking up around the outside. :cross:

Here's a pic of trying different heights. This one is at the final setting around 10" below the kettle bottom.
IMG_0357.JPG

They are all 23 tip burners. Thanks for the heads up. I'll check the distance I'm at now and let you know.

I was aware of most red handled ball valves being plastic and made sure these are cast aluminum. Appreciate the info though.

I'm talking about the valves on your vessels and the rubber coating that's on the handles. When I ran the 23 tip burners unrestrained, it was like the space shuttle launching, only upside down.

I'm talking about the valves on your vessels and the rubber coating that's on the handles. When I ran the 23 tip burners unrestrained, it was like the space shuttle launching, only upside down.

The ball valve handle on my HLT is now extra crispy!

Back