Just getting started

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Hello I am just getting into this can anyone recomend the best book or books to help me get started. Thanks

Hi Lumpy,

I'd recommend Charlie Papazian's "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing - Third Edition."

I find that most others here tend to recommend this book as well. It got me started with the basics, and introduced me to beginning homebrewing. Then as I got more experienced, further sections of the book gently lead you into the more advanced aspects of homebrewing.

:mug:

Palmer's "How To Brew" Dave Miller's "Homebrewing Guide" I think Palmer's is the best one available at this time, but many people like Papazian. Palmer's book is online, so you can sample his style.

I have read the online sample of John Palmers "How to Brew" and have found it to be very helpful and informative. I haven't read any of the others but i know palmer's is great for explaining pretty much anything a beginning brew needs to know to get started (sense i just started as well, finished brewing my second batch today as a matter of fact).

brew on!!

There is also "The Brewmasters Bible" by Stephan Snyder.
But my vert first book 14 or so years ago was Papasin's 2nd ed.
And Palrmer is great to, plus you can read it online as well.

Didn;t Palmer just release a new book?

I read the palmer book online and then when I got my brew kit, a copy of it was included. I also went and bought the joy of homebrewing. it has a greater depth of information plus a receipes. The Palmer book is great for starting out IMO

Latest posts

Back