Ebay Aquarium temp Control Settings. Help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zrab11

Reaction score
Alright i bought all the stuff to make my control and put it together and it works.. Now i need to set the settings on it and just wanted to see what the majority have there's set at.. This is basically my Beer Fridge where i store all my beer and homebrew.. I might adjust it to cold crash at some point but right now its just to cellar beer.

So what do you have the Temperature Set Value at?
What do you have the Difference Set Value at?
What do you have the Compressor Delay Value?

Mind you this Deep freezer is out in a sun porch and i live in Indiana where it usually gets up to 80-95 in the summer and 15 or below in the winter..

Any help on what you have yours set at to store the beer would be greatly appreciated!

Should I post this somewhere else? I know alot of plp have made these.. Just looking for the best set up.

I believe I have mine set to come on at 3.5 and off at 2.5. I like my beer cold, but I didn't want to risk it getting below freezing in the bottom of the keezer (my probe is in a bottle of water on the hump). I left the compressor delay at the default, because my cycle time is long anyway.

If it's on a porch, I would watch closely for areas of condensation this summer and seal those air gaps. It will run a lot in the summer, and if your area stays below freezing for long periods, you may need to use the heat side of the controller as well!

Back