Carbonating IPA for serving with Beer Gas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmkratt

Reaction score
So I am ready to keg one of my Black IPAs tomorrow. I am curious as to how anyone would recommend I carb seeing as how I am going to serve with Beer Gas. Would it be exactly the same process as if I were carbing a stout to be served on beer gas? Or would I carb as normal and serve with with the beer gas? I searched but I can't find much information. I don't want to over-carbonate and be left with a ton of head...been there, done that.

Typically for a stout I would carb on CO2 to 1.2 vol for a week, then switch to Beer Gas (75/25 mix) at 28-30psi.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

As I haven't had any replies I plane on carbing to the low end of the IPA at about 1.5 volumes and see how that goes.

There's a good side-bar article in the recent BYO magazine on Stouts regarding serving on beer gas. I don't have it in front of me, but I think I recall it saying to carb on CO2 lightly, then switch to beer gas - just as you have mentioned.

Sounds like you'll be all good.

Latest posts

Back