Looking for a larger style Ale (P/M)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzyfella

Reaction score
Having previously brewed kit beers I currently have my first basic, partial mash, ESB in primary and am looking for an easy partial mash recipe for a friend of mine who is coming to stay. He is a heathen b***ard who has yet to find the joys of decent 'real' beer and is currently lost in a sea of p*ss water, otherwise known as lager (the tasteless, fizzy-water, Carlsberg variety).

In a valiant effort to teach this poor mis-guided fool the joys of real beer I want to make a blonde pale beer but do not have the equipment to tackle proper wheat beers or the cool enviroment required for real lagers.

I have once again returned to this tree of knowledge in the hope of further enlightenment!

Kindest regards,

Fuzzy

California Common, Mild, Kolsh and American Lite Hybrids are all Ales that would fit the bill and can be done PM or extract.

I've looked through the 'light' recipies but most of them are for full grain brews and not partial mash? The only one I found was Xeric Fields and whilst this looks interesting I was hopping to see a few recipies and pick and choose my own ingredients.

Regards,

FUzzy

Back