AHS Rogue Dead Guy Ale Extract Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeyes

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the AHS Rogue Dead Guy Ale Extract Kit? Did you double pitch? It recommends double pitching. I'm assuming you would want to get the Wyeast Rogue Pacman Ale 1764 instead of the Danstar Nottingham dry yeast?

I haven't done the kit, but I have done the all grain clone. Here's what I would recommend... Either double pitch or make a nice starter. Aerate your wort well, and ferment as close to 60 degrees as you can get it. Pacman yeast is amazing stuff, and it loves cool temps. If you have the ability to cold crash, I would recommend it strongly. Cold crashing is cooling the fermented wort to the mid 30's for a couple of days to help the yeast and other stuff sink to the bottom of the fermenter. Makes for clean tasting, very clear beer.

I haven't done the kit, but I have done the all grain clone. Here's what I would recommend... Either double pitch or make a nice starter. Aerate your wort well, and ferment as close to 60 degrees as you can get it. Pacman yeast is amazing stuff, and it loves cool temps. If you have the ability to cold crash, I would recommend it strongly. Cold crashing is cooling the fermented wort to the mid 30's for a couple of days to help the yeast and other stuff sink to the bottom of the fermenter. Makes for clean tasting, very clear beer.

Thanks for the reply! Since I'm fairly new at this and I have never made a starter before. I should probably go with 2 Wyeast Pacman yeast packages (8.99 each). The Ale I currently have fermenting in the basement is around 65-66 degrees. Do you think that is good enough? I can get to 60 if you think that would be best. I have a freezer with temp controller. Although, It's in use right now with a lager.

Thanks for the reply! Since I'm fairly new at this and I have never made a starter before. I should probably go with 2 Wyeast Pacman yeast packages (8.99 each). The Ale I currently have fermenting in the basement is around 65-66 degrees. Do you think that is good enough? I can get to 60 if you think that would be best. I have a freezer with temp controller. Although, It's in use right now with a lager.

60 degrees is my preference when making a Dead Guy clone and using pacman yeast!

Back