Looking for the Recipe Ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3MindsBeer

Reaction score
Hello all!
Alright, I got the Garage Prepped for brewing, got my equipment on order...Now I just need a little help with a recipe.

Keep in mind, I got kicked out of the kitchen for brewing by the GF, so in a trade off, I told her I would brew a beer she would drink... She is a Bud light girl... So I am Needing anyone's Help, On a recipe, that is As close as home brewing comes, to Bud Light.... With this I need a location to visit to order it as well....

Who is Around to help?
Need the full detail and recipe list and site to get it at.
Let me know will you ?
:mug:

Wow- I think you picked the hardest style of beer to make and make well. A lager like Bud has some adjuncts in it (rice and/or corn) and is fermented in the 50 degree range, and then lagered at 34 degrees or so. It's what makes it so light and crisp.

If you can control fermentation temperatures well, you may be able to try one of the clone recipes from austinhomebrew.com, or northernbrewer.com.

Another thought is to do something different- maybe she would like a wheat beer like Blue Moon. Those are ales, and a bit easier for a new brewer to make. I make a cream ale that is similar to a light lager- and that's also a bit easier for newer brewers. I'm sure that the online brew shops have "clone recipes" for those as well.

Wait, you got kicked out of the kitchen and you have to make a beer for her? Where's the trade-off?

Wait, you got kicked out of the kitchen and you have to make a beer for her? Where's the trade-off?

That was my first thought. She kicked you out, Make what you want. Besides it's not worth the money and work, go buy her a case of budlight! Like Yooper said, Although those are the blandest worst beers, they are the hardest to reproduce. Take that complete lack of flavor they have, where are you supposed to mask off flavors? Whereas a robust porter for example has a ton of flavor to cover any blemishes. I Second the cream ale, which is like a maltier american lager. You will need a dedicated refrigerator to lager.

:off:YOOPER- Looks like your package had a long layover in IL. It is out for delivery today.

Thanks all, Yeah she didn't like the idea of the kitchen being stinky, and the beer equipment all over the place where we eat... So she said not to the kitchen, and to the Garage I was banished... But she is only a budlight girl, and I told here if I can brew in the garage and not park her car in there, then I will make her a budlight style beer... that is the trade off, I make her budlight in fashion, she doesn't park her car in the garage... So my dilema is more so to please her.
Again, Bud light girl... Something as close as possible... She doesn't like any other beer, believe me, I have had her try as many as I try... Budlight. So any recipes are welcome, and I will be going to the site austinhomebrew, and see what they have!
Thanks all, and keep them coming if you have any!

get her to try a pilsner first? my gf was a bud light kinda girl ... but when we went out i wouldn't let her drink bud light when she can get somethign better for the price ... pilsner urquell it is ... probably easier to brew too

Thanks all, Yeah she didn't like the idea of the kitchen being stinky, and the beer equipment all over the place where we eat... So she said not to the kitchen, and to the Garage I was banished... But she is only a budlight girl, and I told here if I can brew in the garage and not park her car in there, then I will make her a budlight style beer... that is the trade off, I make her budlight in fashion, she doesn't park her car in the garage... So my dilema is more so to please her.
Again, Bud light girl... Something as close as possible... She doesn't like any other beer, believe me, I have had her try as many as I try... Budlight. So any recipes are welcome, and I will be going to the site austinhomebrew, and see what they have!
Thanks all, and keep them coming if you have any!

Great, so you're out of the kitchen, have to make her a beer, and you have to start her car on cold mornings... Man, shes got you trained well. :D:D

Well I have been none to let her win the battles, I just hate fighting with her! Hahahah, so anyways, Pilsners I have tried, she only wants the water downed crap...I think I have found locations for a Budlight clone, that from what others have said, outside of a slight slight heavier taste, it is identical.

But I shall keep looking! Thanks again for all the help!

Keep coming to me with ideas, beer is going to brew and the labels will be on the bottles!

There is a kit that Munton's makes called "Light American Lager". If you make that kit with a pound and a half of rice syrup solids and can find room in the refrigerator to ferment it near 50F for three weeks, you'll end up with something very similar to Bud Light.

Keep the temp close to 50F for three weeks, then take the fermenter out of the fridge and let it come back up to room temp over 2-3 days before bottling it. Bottle it, and let it sit in bottles for a week maybe 10 days - then back in the fridge to chill and drink. After its bottled, the longer you can let it sit in the fridge the better.

Don't let them scare you, Light Beer is not that hard to make - the only thing you have to do is avoid the temptation to add a bunch of extra ingredients or try and bump the alcohol up. Keep the temp close to 50F during the ferment and you're golden.

This is the kit I am talking about ( Muntons American Style Light Beer ) and you can buy it online most anywhere. I like austinhomebrew a lot and I know they stock it.

My sister and my brother in law only drink bud-light and they both like this beer when I've made it. A friend of mine thinks coors light is the best beer in the world and he just raved on and on about how good this beer was when I've made it. Every time I drink one my wife comments that she likes it better than my other beers.

LOL

my wife hates the smell too.... but she likes the beer!

even funnier... back in the day, she did not like beer. i was on a mexi beer kick, all i drank was pacifico, or maybe modello.... theni changed up the newcastle for a while. she aquired a taste.
this summer we ran dry, and had to drink KERZ for a 12 pack... we both noted how fricken disgusting it was.
now she wont drink hardley anyhting but good porters, and not-too-hoppy pales.

long story short, broaden her horizons! you will look back and laugh @ BMC type beers.

Right On Mutilated, and Nosmatt! Wicked help and thanks....Ar eyou getting me, Change my gf's mind on Beer....Crapola! I have her try every single beer I order or by, she can not stand the taste of anything other the The budlight....She even refuses to drink cheap with natty, I don't mind it and when strapped for cash I can do it, but for any night out...The pales and ales, and heavier but not Thick beers for this guy.

Funny things is, she like her meatloaf, Plain...No seasonings nothing....But loves mine...so there is still hope for her!

Latest posts

Back