Brewing in Los Angeles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make MONEY selling me your finished grains after brewing INSTEAD of throwing them away. I need them for my chickens. contact me at calenet@yahoo .com. Thanks! Jeff

I'm ALL the way out in Sunland.
Total novice looking for any first-timer advice or warnings. I'll probably start with something simple like an apfelwein.

Really glad to find this thread!

Southbay checking in. Been brewing AG ever since we moved into our house (2012). Southbay brewing supply is my go-to shop for ingredients, otherwise it's online. I've been hitting up the SD brewfests as far as I can remember so it was a pleasant surprise to see all these breweries opening up in the southbay in the past year or so.....ESBC, Smog, Strand, Monkish, Absolution.

I live in culver city and there is a great local shop off of Sepulvida and culver blvd. the guy is great and will help with anything needed. Just got a batch going today. Culver city home brew. Check it out

Hello? Hello???
Whilst I'm not a brewer of grains and hops, I do get the most enjoyment out of making mead. I do like my craft beer, and I am impressed with the flavors. I tend to think that craft brewers are brewing beer the way its was meant to taste, unlike the "other" much larger breweries. Should I need to drink another craft brew other than my 805 ot Tap Room #21, I shall make my way to your garage or basement, or wherever your wives allow you to have your "mancave" time.

I live in the Sherman Oaks area, am retired, so every day is Saturday, and its always 5 o'clock. Is there anyone else in the area?

Hi all, any newbies and seasoned veterans welcome to check out our brew club. We are called the Yeastside Brewers and we usually meet the first Saturday of the month at various locations around the LA area. Our first meeting this year is Saturday January 10th at Eagle Rock home brew supply at 2PM. Come by and check it out, we have a lot of good and experienced brewers that are always willing to share advice and of course home brew.

Well, since I'm retired, and every day is Saturday for me, I might drop by. Just started doing cider and meads.

Hi all, any newbies and seasoned veterans welcome to check out our brew club. We are called the Yeastside Brewers and we usually meet the first Saturday of the month at various locations around the LA area. Our first meeting this year is Saturday January 10th at Eagle Rock home brew supply at 2PM. Come by and check it out, we have a lot of good and experienced brewers that are always willing to share advice and of course home brew.

Crud. Should have checked back in here earlier. Hope the first meeting went well. Assuming second meeting is 02/07, what's the location?

Last edited:
Back