Best brewery/ brew pup/ bars with micros on tap in Seattle??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtBagRob

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'll be in Seattle this weekend and I wanted to know your favorite bars or brew pubs in the downtown area. I'm staying near 7th and pike and I have a few hours free on Saturday night (maybe Sunday night depending on whether or not my girlfriend is in a bad mood after the Seahawks game) and would prefer not to drive anywhere (for obvious reasons). I'd appreciate suggestions from those in the know. Thanks!

Check out Elysian. They have several brewpubs. Great beers, and they usually have some good guest taps (frequently including a sour).

Downtown has a Taphouse and a Rock Bottom, which are okay. Pike Place is good in Pike Place Market. Elysian has a place in SoDo called Elysian Fields too which may be convenient for you after the Seahawks game as it's one block from the stadium (I'm assuming you're going to the game). There's also Collins Pub downtown with a good tap list.

If you can get up to Capitol Hill.... Elysian on Capitol Hill is one of my favorites. Pine Box on Capitol Hill but close to downtown is a new fantastic beer bar.

The best beer bar in Seattle, IMO, is Beveridge Place Pub in West Seattle, which may be too far for you. If you do find yourself in West Seattle, go to The Beer Junction, which is the best bottle shop in Seattle.

But most restaurants in Seattle have good beer menus so you'll be fine if your girl just wants dinner. Local famous chef, Tom Douglas, recently opened a beer tavern called Brave Horse in South Lake Union, close to downtown. Great pretzels, good food and decent beers. If you're partial to Belgian beers, go to Quinn's on Capitol Hill -- good beer and great food.

Brouwer's is near downtown and has 20ish taps and a bottle list that goes for days. Ubertavern is a bit north but always has an amazing selection of both taps and bottles. As other have said Elysian and Elliot Bay are great brew pubs.

Ditto on Elysian and Uber Tavern. A few doors down from Uber is Duck Island Saloon. Maybe not as wide a selection as Uber but we like the atmosphere better than the previously mentioned two. Uber and Duck Island are a trek from Downtown. We took the buses when we were there so couldn't even tell you how much a cab would be.

I have no idea where it is in relation to where you'll be, but when I was in Seattle I went to a place called Bambino's Pizzeria. The pizza was amazing and they had RR Consecration on tap for $6, which is about half what RR charges. I always wonder if someone made a mistake on that.

eckj84 said:
Brouwer's is near downtown and has 20ish taps and a bottle list that goes for days. Ubertavern is a bit north but always has an amazing selection of both taps and bottles. As other have said Elysian and Elliot Bay are great brew pubs.

Brouwers has 64 beers on tap and boasts 300 different bottles. I agree with going to Elysian. They have awesome beers that are pretty unique. Last time I was there, I had a beetbock and a rosemary IPA which were both pretty awesome.

As others have said, Elysian, Brouwers, Tap House. Also go to Gordon Biersch, it too is on 7th and Pine (im guessing youre staying at the Sheradon?). Its right across the street and has wonderful lagers brewed to the purity law.

Here's my suggestion list based on proximity:
- Elysian on Cap Hill - http://goo.gl/maps/rnJvI
- The Wurst Place in South Lake Union - http://goo.gl/maps/d1BL3
- Fremont Brewing in Fremont - http://goo.gl/maps/0FmQM - You can take the 26 bus from downtown to Fremont for $2 or $3, whatever it is now. If you plan to visit Seattle often, get an Orca card for bus fares.

Elysian and Wurst Place serve food. Fremont has an open beer garden where you're welcome to bring whatever food you want. Come prepared.

That's probably more than enough to occupy your time. I would recommend Brouwers for their beer selection, but I'm going to not recommend it since you asked for the local micro brews. Brouwers is definitely more a yuppieish scene so I would rather go to the Stumbling Monk if I wanted a good Belgian beer.

If you were really adventurous, you can take the 28 bus that goes from downtown to Greenwood to visit Naked City Brewing. They have a great tap selection in addition to their own beers. You can also walk to Uber, which is 20ish blocks away.

Damn, you guys are being extremely helpful to a guy who's only visiting your city to watch his Cowboys destroy the Seahawks. :D

Elysian brews great beer. Naked City was fun, but was a pita to get to (due to construction), but that's a bit of a journey from where you're staying.

Elysian is a great place. And I believe it will be the Cowgirls that run out of town. Just don't give Romo the ball ;)

Damn, you guys are being extremely helpful to a guy who's only visiting your city to watch his Cowboys destroy the Seahawks. :D

Elysian brews great beer. Naked City was fun, but was a pita to get to (due to construction), but that's a bit of a journey from where you're staying.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I hate the cowboys with every inch of my being!! I'm a chargers fan (from Southern Utah) and my girlfriend is from Seattle and a ridiculously huge Seahawks fan. I'm taking a how-ever-many thousand dollar vacation to see the cowboys lose!! We went to the Seahawks game in Arlington last year (my girlfriend has seen every game the two teams have played in the last 10 years!) and we figured we'd keep it going. We just happened to live in Fort Worth for the last 6 years....We hated Texas so much we moved to Wyoming!!

Thanks for the help everyone! Elysian was at the top of my list based on reading yelp but I never know whether or not to trust people on there when it comes to beer.....

I think the list is going to have to be Elysian, brouwers, and uber. I'll also go to Gordon Biersch (been there before in other cities but I like it) since I'm staying next door at the Roosevelt. I know everywhere in Seattle has good stuff but if I'm in the Pac NW I want GREAT!! I had enough of good in Texas....

Thanks again!!

As a lifelong Steelers fan and a former Redskins fan (when I lived there), there is no team I like to see lose more than the Cowboys. Go Seahawks!

I bet those beers tasted extra bitter after watching the Cowboys play. ;-)

"If you were really adventurous, you can take the 28 bus that goes from downtown to Greenwood to visit Naked City Brewing. They have a great tap selection in addition to their own beers. You can also walk to Uber, which is 20ish blocks away."

Not true. You'd want to take the 5 to get to Naked City. However, the 28 will take you to Chuck's Hop House, the most amazing convenience store and tap house all wrapped up into one. They have something like 40 different beers on tap, and probably 500 bottles. Their website is here- http://chucks85th.com/.

Latest posts

Back