My favorite country songs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excuse me son, is that one of those new fangled cassette tapes? In my day we listened to the radio, best thing ever was vinyl records. Do you think son, these cassette tapes will replace my LPs?

- No way. Well sir, the cassette is dead, so are eight tracks. There was a thing called CDs that came out around the late eighties, early nineties. Now our music is mostly digital..

Digitial? What you talking about son? I've heard of digital clocks. What's that have to do with music.. Clock radio?

- Digital, you know.. ones and zeros.

Are you a coummunist boy?!

- No Sir.. and I do miss vinyl and cassettes too. :mug:

PS.. I love the song Unionrdr

Somedays I think I"m young. Lately, even though I shouldn't be..I feel old. Classic country songs like this I remember clearly...and where I was..

Amanda, is the greatest welcome home song for me, I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
here's a good one I always liked corner burnin' country roads to, just like Balmy & clod;

It's bluegrass. Bluegrass is to country what heavy metal is to rock.

here's a good one I always liked corner burnin' country roads to, just like Balmy & clod;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Y3mnj-8lA
It's bluegrass. Bluegrass is to country what heavy metal is to rock.

Well played unionrdr !

I watched a movie on TMC last weekend. It started about. 10 minutes before I found it. It was about Hank Williams. His son, Hank Jr, sang all the songs. George Hamilton played Hank Sr.

The movie was in black and white. I think that was for affect.

I don't remember the name of the movie but pretty sure somebody here does and will share.

Found it. Thanks google. Your cheating heart

Here's a clip

Sent from my iPhone

very nice, i like willie and merl's version as well ... :beard:

Yep, but it's still nice to hear from the "creator" of a song and see how he/she intended it to be sung when they wrote it. To me Van Zandt always seemed (just like that video) just a cool guy that would have been fun to hang out with, play, and drink a few beers with.

Junior Brown peeling it back

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRlcWvVYItA"][YOUTUBE]eRlcWvVYItA[/YOUTUBE][/ame]

Latest posts

Back