Busy Bee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Had a busy evening last night, with plenty of stuff on the go it can build up if you don't watch it.

Kegged my Boddington's Bitter
Moved My Hob Goblin to Secondary
Racked 20l of white country wine.
Racked 5l of grape (turbo) wine.
Made 5l of carrot wine
Made up a wine Kit of shiraz.

The plus side is all that stuff needs sampling.

I'm impressed with the Boddies considering it's a standard bitter its very nice. It doesn't need ageing really, just carbing.

It used to be called carrot whiskey and has quite a following.

I boil up some old chopped carrots. (They carrots make good dog food)
Boil in some sultanas, couple of lemons an orange and a tea bag. Take thhe gravity up to level with sugar. I pitch a teaspoon of yeast nutrient and a teaspoon of wine yeast.

I'll let you know how it is in a few moths.

orfy said:
Had a busy evening last night, with plenty of stuff on the go it can build up if you don't watch it.

Kegged my Boddington's Bitter
Moved My Hob Goblin to Secondary
Racked 20l of white country wine.
Racked 5l of grape (turbo) wine.
Made 5l of carrot wine
Made up a wine Kit of shiraz.

The plus side is all that stuff needs sampling.

I'm impressed with the Boddies considering it's a standard bitter its very nice. It doesn't need ageing really, just carbing.

Wait...carrot wine? Is this the unfortunate result of some kind of late-night drunken barroom bet? Usually, when I think of things to ferment, I'm looking for stuff with some, uh, sugar in them. Seriously, dude, what drove you to make "wine" from carrots? :confused:

Looks like someone had too much carrot wine!

drunkbunny_edited.jpg

Evan! said:
Wait...carrot Usually, when I think of things to ferment, I'm looking for stuff with some, uh, sugar in them.
I would think carrots have plenty of sugar in them.
What would happen if you ran them through a juicer instead of cooking them?

Dang Orfy! Now you've got me thinking again...;)

Back