Whats a good food that goes really well with a baltic honey porter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonbomb

Reaction score
I was on vacation this weekend and I brought down with me some of my hefewiezen I brewed. My uncle tried one he loved it. Then he was making himself a hamburger hoagie (amazing) and he had one of my hefeweizen homebrews. He said he was in heaven. The clovey/bannana/fruity flavor complemented the sandwich so well.

So Now my baltic honey porter should be done sometime within the next two weeks. I am just curious what type of foods usually go well with a porter. I was thinking some type of steak. I have only had a few porters in my life and I always enjoyed them.

Braised lamb riblets rubbed with rosemary and tyme serrved on a bed of wild rice.

Brats grilled, then simmered in the porter for two hours, Boston baked beans and potato salad.

Tri-Tip roast grilled medium rare, thin sliced across the grain and served on a hoagie roll with bbq sauce treated with the porter, cole slaw and simmered sweet corn.

Have to stop!! I'm hungry!!

The bratts sound amazing! so does the lamb! Thanks that pointed me in the right direction.

I have to make a good meal the night i pop this porter open. Can't wait! I was thinking labor day. :tank:

Latest posts

Back