pid tempurature counting down??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickflip_mj

Reaction score
so i bought 2 new K thermocouples for my pids.. whn they heat up they count down instead of up.. now i wired the red wires to positive and the whites to negative on the pid inputs... now my question is should i revers the wires to get them to read normal as in (heat up the readout goes up not down)?

see thats what i thought.. so is the red wire hot? its just odd hw they were labeled. you should have seen me in my garage, i wanted to yell "what now god!!!"

so i bought 2 new K thermocouples for my pids.. whn they heat up they count down instead of up.. now i wired the red wires to positive and the whites to negative on the pid inputs...

Color code info.
ANSI color code for K type is RED and Yellow, J type is RED and White.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

thanks once again guys, i really appreciate it.

Sawdust guy,

i wired my pid exactly how you drew it up a couple of weeks ago with the wall wort between the ssr and the pid and it works great except for my temp counting down. thank you

Thermocouple color codes vary by country too so don't trust squat. US made K types have a negative red, but the ones Auber sells are imported so the red is positive. If one of the leads on your thermocouple is ferrous (K types are), it's easy enough to identify the negative lead with a magnet.

thanks once again guys, i really appreciate it.

Sawdust guy,

i wired my pid exactly how you drew it up a couple of weeks ago with the wall wort between the ssr and the pid and it works great except for my temp counting down. thank you

I am happy I could help. Keep up the good work.:D

Back