I'm pretty happy with my kegerator!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boito

Reaction score
I wanted to show off my Craigslist Kegerator that I've been piecing together over the last several months. I bought the refrigerator on Craigslist for $50. It was a bit rusty on the outside and had a dent or two, but it works great on the inside. Plus, it's nothing a bunch of stickers from local brewfests can't cover up. I made the tap handles out of some cheap rail spindles from Lowes then painted them with chalkboard paint so it's easy to change whenever a new beer is on tap.

bshOnDc.jpg

The secondary regulators are one of the few parts I bought new from Amazon. I found a 5 pound co2 tank on craigslist and upgraded it to a 10 pounder at my local oxygen supply company. I drilled some holes for the co2 lines into the side of the kegerator and found some rubber grommets that fit the holes perfectly

XieN70e.jpg

I gutted the inside of the refrigerator and cut out a shelf from an old tv console I was about to throw away. I also had a piece of 1/8" plywood laying around which took the place of the plastic shelves in the door.

I can fit six corny kegs inside, with 4 taps working at a time. I guess I'll add a couple more taps eventually.

nEXGgwp.jpg

Something I didn't think about up front... if I open the freezer, it hits the tap handles. After accidentally spilling a few times, I decided to attach a piece of metal to the bottom door which overlaps the freezer door. Now, when I open the freezer, the bottom door opens up, too. No more spills.

8icWipg.jpg

The drip tray is made out of a drywall mud pan with a floor vent on top of it. I just attached a couple L brackets, stuck some velcro to the bottom of the pan and the top of the L brackets, and it works great. The mud pan wasn't completely leak proof, so I sprayed it with some rubber coating at the bottom half. I think it looks pretty cool, too.

So, yeah, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I hope someone else gets some inspiration on building your own kegerator. I know my friends like it :)

Good looking kegerator you got there. What temps does it hold the beer at? I'm toying with the idea of building an upgraded unit myself.

Stress testing the keg shelf? It needs a center brace or drink faster :)
It's held 6 full kegs with no bending. I don't know what kind of board it is, but it's definitely sturdy enough.

Back