Plumbing Propane

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schultan

Reaction score
Well, I've been slowly putting my 2 - tier brewstand and I am to the point of plumbing propane. I could really use some guidance on how to do this. Is there a way to use the flex tubing from my turkey fryers to go straight into the black pipe? If so, what sort of fittings do I need? Do I need a regulator for each burner or can I just put one at the tank? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks all.

Are you talking about something like what Lonnie did on the Brutus 10? He used low pressure burners, but you should be able to do something similar with high pressure burners pretty easily. Check out the 3rd picture from the top of the page here:

http://www.alenuts.com/Alenuts/brutus.html

The picture may give you an idea of what to do. There are pre-made gas flex tubing lengths available with all kinds of fittings. You should be able to find something that will connect to the jet on your burner and then to the black pipe.

Well, I've been slowly putting my 2 - tier brewstand and I am to the point of plumbing propane. I could really use some guidance on how to do this. Is there a way to use the flex tubing from my turkey fryers to go straight into the black pipe? If so, what sort of fittings do I need? Do I need a regulator for each burner or can I just put one at the tank? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks all.

I know on my regulator line where it attached to my burner, it had a 1/4" NPT thread, so all I did was get a bushing from 1/4" to 1/2" and the connection was made. If you have two burners running off the same regulator and you need separate contorl for both, you need a needle valve to each burner upstream of the regulator.

I would suggest that you get some help from someone who's done some gas piping before to help you out. You need to have connections that don't leak in order to keep yourself and others safe.

This is the way I have mine plumbed.... It works for me.

I used all 1/4" pipe and fitting.... adjustable reg, and High pressure banjo burners.

I've done it both ways. When I built my 3-tier I used flex tubing to each burner. For one burner (center one in the pic) I used the hose that came with my turkey fryer. You can't remove this orafice - it's a single fitting. The other two were connected with flex hoses I bought locally. The fittings on the tubing were flared on one side that attached right to the flared burner orafice. The other side had pipe threads that I threaded into the ball valve.

On my single tier, I used black pipe for the plumbing. I used the pipe threaded orafices from morebeer. Without them, I don't think this is possible. I connect the tank and regulator with a flex hose to a flared fitting on the end of my stand plumbing. I prefer the hard plumbing. I also helped someone hard plumb a 3-tier and it looks much cleaner IMO.

I've got some other pics here if you want to take a look. I probably didn't explain everything well, but I'll answer any questions I can.

Your local Lowes should carry the tubing fitting to connect to your pipe. The pics on my site below may help (or maybe not)... lol.

Back