.2 micron stone on gas tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckredbeard

Reaction score
I saw a carb stone in morebeer's catalog that can be connected to the gas in tube for force carbonation. It would use a short piece of 1/4 id hose for connection. Anyone using this setup?

Yep. I use a 0.5 micron stone and just shy of 2' of 1/4" ID silicone tubing. I don't use it for carbonation very often, but it works well when I do. Make sure you have a check valve in the system fairly close to the stone, otherwise you could get some backflow which could clog the pores and render the stone useless.

You don't need a check valve, not sure where that idea came from. Just make sure you clean the stone when you clean your keg.

Have stones on all my serving kegs and they work great. I use the .5 micron stone that AHS sells. Stone is inserted into a piece of tubing, the other end of the tube goes onto the gas in dip tube. Use a 2' length to reach the bottom of the keg.

Back