Temp display with RTD input?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nostalgia

Reaction score
I'd like to add MLT temp monitoring to my control panel. I won't be running any elements, so I don't need a controller, just a display. I already have an RTD sensor, so I'd like it to work with RTD instead of a thermocouple.

Weird thing is, the ones I've found are the same price or more than a PID.

Anyone know of something a little more reasonable? I'd just suck it up and buy a PID but they're very deep and would make things very uncomfortable in my control box.

-Joe

I ran into the same thing. Ultimately I ended up with a BCS.

Since you are just monitoring, you might check ebay for a used PID. I found a new Fuji PID and got it for like $10 on ebay.

Good luck.

Ed

In order to get a reliable and accurate reading the display unit needs to be calibrated to the RTD probe. Once the pieces to do that are in place, the only additional piece of hardware required to offer PID control is a relay. I couldn't build something like that for less than $30 bucks.

Tell yah what though, I might have a chinese PID controller from ebay sitting around the house. I will let it go for $20. If you're interested shoot me a PM and I will look around for it.

Back