is there a chart to substitute hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agezzi

Reaction score
does anyone know of such a chart? help on this would be great, I need to know what else I can use instead of fuggles and east kent goldings. For a all-grain nut brown ale

If you subscribe to BYO, there was a hops issue last year which had a really large hop substitution chart. But they're online reference page will probably answer most of your questions.

http://***********/resources/hops

I use Willamette a lot as a substitute for Fuggles, since I have a pound or so of it. I have a pound of US Goldings on hand so I use that as a substitute for EKG usually.

I use Willamette a lot as a substitute for Fuggles, since I have a pound or so of it. I have a pound of US Goldings on hand so I use that as a substitute for EKG usually.

That's actually a pretty good sub. I don't like fuggles (I think they taste like dirt) but love willamette as a sub. There really isn't anything just like EKG, but US Goldings, while different, will work just fine.

Back