Is That Weed?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpowers1

Reaction score
So, I live in a dorm, when we get packages, we have to pick em up at the front desk. I've been an ebay fan for years, and rarely know what is in a specific package when it arrives. I got a box today, and opened it at the desk cause I couldn't guess what it was. Turns out, it was a pound of Hallertau I got on the cheap a few week ago. I pulled the bag half way out of the box and was surprised by the girl behind the desk when she gasped followed by muffled explatives and "Is that weed?!" I thought about messing with her, but decided honesty would be better than explaining my sense of humor to the cops. Anybody else surprised onlookers with their green sticky stuff?:drunk:

My friend is a cop and when he looked in my freezer full of hops he thought they were marijuana.

Sounds like you could have had a pretty good date if you had played your cards right. Rookie! :)

The voice of experience?
Actually ya. A dealer friend of mind saw and smelled my hops. We talked about if he could thin his bags with some hops. So we decided we had to smoke some to try it. If you knew me this idiocy would be no surprise to you.

Actually ya. A dealer friend of mind saw and smelled my hops. We talked about if he could thin his bags with some hops. So we decided we had to smoke some to try it. If you knew me this idiocy would be no surprise to you.

Also, it only tastes good for that first hit, after it has been scorched once, its done. Ya, hop cone+pipe on the same table+way too much curiosity gets you this kind of insight

A few years ago I won first place in the IPA category at a local comp. The prize for that was 10 pounds of whole leaf hops. :drunk: Guess how many times I was asked about the big foil bag with lots of green leafy stuff in it?

Actually had a photo deleted from Facebook because the powers that be thought it looked "illegal"...:p

I find it surprising how often hops is mistaken for something else. I guess it's green plant in a bag, but it's funny what must be on most peoples' minds...

Back