What are you using for fermentation control of multiple batches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbob

Reaction score
So I wanted to find out what you guys have in terms of fermentation control, lagering, and storing equipment. Right now I have a chest freezer with a temp controller on it that will only hold one carboy. So if I decide to lager I've tied up my fermentation control for a while. What you do you guys have that allows you to brew more often?

well for ales I use the wet t-shirt in a tub of water with a fan on it. it keeps my ales at about 67* without the fan. 61* with the fan. :mug:

So I wanted to find out what you guys have in terms of fermentation control, lagering, and storing equipment. Right now I have a chest freezer with a temp controller on it that will only hold one carboy. So if I decide to lager I've tied up my fermentation control for a while. What you do you guys have that allows you to brew more often?

More freezers. Three freezers should do it. One for ale fermenting and conditoning. One for lagering, and one for lager fermentation and cold storage. Oh yeah; lots of swag for SWMBO too.

1 fridge for fermenting with a heating pad and duel stage controller, 1 for lagering and some kind of device for storing multiple kegs and serving out of.

Be nice to your wife. You can be right or you can be happy. Don't worry, have a homebrew and Be happy!

I have a 3-bucket temp-controlled freezer, so I can ferment three beers at a time, so long as they use the same temperature.

I have a keezer with room for a bucket or carboy if I ever decide I want to do a lager, which I have little desire to do at this point.

I have a refrigerator next to the freezers that I'm currently using to crash cool a beer that was a week ahead of the other two in the fermenting freezer.

I have an awesome SWMBO:D:mug:

I made a son of fermentation chiller that is large enough for 2 primaries. When I secondary I do it at room temperature if I need the chiller for primaries.

Same as Korndog - 3 chest freezers. I generally have two tied up with fermenting and conditioning ales and the third is a lagerator and a place where I put the venison my father-in-law brings me. If I'm going to make a lager, I make a bunch of it at one time and then just modulate a single freezer's temp controller.

Same as Korndog - 3 chest freezers. I generally have two tied up with fermenting and conditioning ales and the third is a lagerator and a place where I put the venison my father-in-law brings me.

Gees Gordie, I envy you for being within a stones throw of Bear Republic. I hear the Mach 10 they are pulling is pretty tasty.

Back