Polaris hops are in: Farmhouse Brewing Supply

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm always intrigued by new hops, but what exactly is a glacier candy flavor?

They smell fruity/citrusy, have a spicy/minty (glacier candy) flavor. The mint seems very subtle so don't be turned off by it.

You can use them later in the boil, from what I've heard. If you do they take on more of the Fruity/citrus flavor. They have a ton of oil in them.

this would be a fun smash ipa experiment

Yes they do! Not trying to hijack the thread but I have been told the 2012 year did not yield a good crop for Polaris and this variety is going to be even harder to get very soon since 2011 year is almost consumed and breweries are snatching it up.

Tantalus, up until this year they just had a code number:
94/075/758 X 97/06/720 and are Hull breeding material.

Yes they do! Not trying to hijack the thread but I have been told the 2012 year did not yield a good crop for Polaris and this variety is going to be even harder to get very soon since 2011 year is almost consumed and breweries are snatching it up.

Tantalus, up until this year they just had a code number:
94/075/758 X 97/06/720 and are Hull breeding material.

Hijacker!!!!!! :cross:

Thanks for the input, I just spoke to one of my reps and they said the same thing about them being scarce next year.

I will use them in my German IIPA dubbed M.O.P.S (Merkur, Opal, Polaris, Saphir). I expect a lot of Spicy, Citrus flavor out of this combination. Merkur have a ton of Citrus in them and so do the Opal so it should be interesting. Can you say 12%, might even barrel age it in my neutral barrel.

I had to see what these hops are all about, so I ordered some from you yesterday.

By the description, it sounds like a good hop to blend with

Are your Polaris from crop year 2011, or 2012? If 2011, when you do you expect to get in 2012? Thanks.

They are 2011 and there is no guarantee that we will have them again. From what I understand the supply is very limited.

Back