Georgia roll call

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brand new guy from Lawrenceville here.
I just signed up for a begginers brewing class at Brewmwsters for next month and will get set up then. I've been wanting to do this for a long time.

I too am a motorcycle enthusiast and have owned many bikes over the years. I presently own A Honda VTX and a Yamaha Royal Stare Venture.

Habersham GA here, I do spend a lot of time in Athens and get most of my stuff from five points home brew supply. What are some good homebrewing organizations in that area? Are there any homebrew competitions coming up?

Auburn/Dacula area here, NE corner of Gwinnett Co.

I am on a hiatus from brewing at the moment but hopefully, I'll be able to get back to reestablishing my pipeline real soon.

Mableton/South Cobb. I brewed pro at Birmingham Brewing/Vulcan for 1 year then Dogwood here in ATL for 2 years. Finally returning to homebrewing. Started in 95, but haven't brewed small batch since 99.

ForumRunner_20120306_085537.jpg

Another from Lawrenceville, here. Actually mid-way between L'ville and Snellville, about 1 mile from The Avenue on Webb Gin.

Also brewing in Gainesville in the shadow of Browns Bridge. Anyone attending the upcoming Suwanee Beerfest? Perhaps I'll see you there.

Douglasville - near the hospital.

Been brewing since May 1, 2011. Brewed batch 31 last weekend. BIAB since batch 7. I buy most everything from Brewmasters Warehouse.
No bike since 1975 but that was MX.

Where to you guys get your grain in the Atlanta area? I've been buying at my LHBS and paying $1.60 a pound. I always read about people getting grain for half of that amount.

Recon1172 said:
Where to you guys get your grain in the Atlanta area? I've been buying at my LHBS and paying $1.60 a pound. I always read about people getting grain for half of that amount.

Where do you live? Some people do a bulk/group buy. That brings the cost down considerably (depending upon the grain and where you get it from). Look for a local homebrew club near you. They may already be buying in bulk/group from a supplier.

MangledMash said:
Where do you live? Some people do a bulk/group buy. That brings the cost down considerably (depending upon the grain and where you get it from). Look for a local homebrew club near you. They may already be buying in bulk/group from a supplier.

Good idea! New London Brew Club is the closest to me. I'm going to check out their next meeting.

nasty_rabbit said:
Auburn GA. Below Athens above Gwinnett. Where in PA? I'm from just north of Pittsburgh.

Just playing a hunch here, but do you work in Winder?

Back