Success! I think...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OregonNative

Reaction score
As some of you know, I just completed my first batch. It was bottled on the 3rd. For those of you who'd like to see (if you hadn't before) here is a link. http://homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=70416

Anyway, I know it had only been 5-6 days, but the wait was killing me! I went ahead and grabbed one of those beers out of the case and put it in the fridge. I grabbed a glass and my beer bottle opener and finally the moment of truth.... I wasn't expecting much but as soon as that cap lifted off that bottle it gave me a nice hiss! My old man helped me give the first bottle a test. I poured two small glasses. The first had very good clarity but the second was a bit cloudy. The bottles had some sediment on the bottom (which i expected). That sediment got into some of the second glass, which caused it to be cloudy.

I took a sip and the sun was brighter, the grass was greener, and the world made a little more sence. Hehe long story short, it was very good, and it has only been 5-6 days. I cannot wait to give this beer a true test at 3 weeks in the bottle. I also need to begin a second or third batch hehehe.

I'd like to thank you all for the help and support. I'm loving it here at HBT. I look forward to getting to know you all better and learn more and also share results and logs. Thanks again guys this batch is dedicated to you! I'll get some pictures of it tomorrow. Cheers!

OregonNative

Congratz!

I will putting mine inthe bottle next week, (3 weeks in the primary)

Tim

Try it after 5 months of aging. The taste will most likely be even better!

You truly have to start filling that pipeline, bug all your friends for bottles. Nothing like having great selection of beers in bottles, except having fantastic selection on tap!
Welcome to homebrewing and I'm very glad your first batch is going great.

Thank you all for the support! I'm starting to get the shakes and sweating profusely seeing that carboy empty! Haha just kidding, but I'm very excited to get that second batch on the way.

I noticed that after about 3-4 weeks the sediment "packs" at the bottom of the bottle, and it gets easier and easier to pour.

My first batch (I'm down to the last 12 *sniffle*) had a sediment problem until last Saturday, when I poured a 12 pack like a pro. No yeast sediment in the glass, and I left like 1/16th of an inch of beer at the bottom of each of the bottles. It was awesome. The beer mojo was with me.

Latest posts

Back