Excellent Paper on Gluten-Free Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, that's a pretty good one, one of the latest documents from jib. The main issue isn't quantative with these, but qualitative. The last study that did a 100% buckwheat beer showed poor results, but as I had mentioned somewhere else it was strictly pale malt mostly for the numberical results. Other documents have gone over optimal processes (so far with conflicting information at times) as well.

This does however mean that it's up to us to use these malting procedures and tell each other just what it does taste like in a few standard beers as well as more complex ones.

I'm currently setting up a hodgepodge rig to malt at 80C and 100% humidity. I'm just having trouble getting a good kiln heat and am trying to consider different tiny scale heating devices.

Yup, that's a pretty good one, one of the latest documents from jib. The main issue isn't quantative with these, but qualitative. The last study that did a 100% buckwheat beer showed poor results, but as I had mentioned somewhere else it was strictly pale malt mostly for the numberical results. Other documents have gone over optimal processes (so far with conflicting information at times) as well.

This does however mean that it's up to us to use these malting procedures and tell each other just what it does taste like in a few standard beers as well as more complex ones.

I'm currently setting up a hodgepodge rig to malt at 80C and 100% humidity. I'm just having trouble getting a good kiln heat and am trying to consider different tiny scale heating devices.

How small are you talking?

Smaller than a breadbox.

No seriously.

Since I'm in an apartment I don't have much option other than the oven and it's a pretty poor one at that or a cardboard box with some heating device that won't go too high. The temperature swings are a bit too much on the high and low so I was thinking something like an electric blanket.

Back