East Coast-West Coast Brew Off WTF?!?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm teaching a business communications class. Art's email is exactly the kind of thing I warn my students not to do if they intend to be successful in business. Somebody needs to explain to Art where the shift key is on the keyboard.

Its sad but common place in America to see this kind of writing from an adult. I see minor examples at my corporate job. I had a manager in the past who would say things like "Thats not we problem, thats she problem" or "I no concern".

My favorite part from Art was how he spelled beyond our control :rockin:

Its sad but common place in America to see this kind of writing from an adult. I see minor examples at my corporate job. I had a manager in the past who would say things like "Thats not we problem, thats she problem" or "I no concern".

My favorite part from Art was how he spelled beyond our control :rockin:

i had a former co-worker who had frequent mis-spellings. my favorite was about how they had identified the "rute cause" of an issue. i initially thought "how could he let that go through spellcheck." then i realized that spell check doesn't suggest "root" when you type "rute". it suggests things like runt, and cute, and things like that. so i can see why he probably just turned spellcheck off. if you're that far off, it doesn't help much. :p

Hahah, close enough - Guyanese

He was most famous for calling everyone "skunt". He lost his job years ago and was not able to find another management job for obvious reasons. Old company gave him management spot because of his cop mentality (he was a customs agent in Guyana). As a bottom level manager he would terrorize all the sheep to keep them in check.

Hahah, close enough - Guyanese

He was most famous for calling everyone "skunt". He lost his job years ago and was not able to find another management job for obvious reasons. Old company gave him management spot because of his cop mentality (he was a customs agent in Guyana). As a bottom level manager he would terrorize all the sheep to keep them in check.

So.. What you are saying is...

He had a thing for sheep skunt?

Last update I saw was on Dec. 21st:

1st round winners

Light largers
1st suellen vickers SHORE BREAK LARGER

Category 2a, 6b, 10a, 10b, 10c
1ST SCOTT SATTERTHWAITE BEST OF 02
2ND ANDREW GIOIA B-SIDE BROWN
3RD STEVE PRAGEL CRAB JUICE

Category 14 A , 14 B
1ST SCOTT SATTERWATIE
2ND KAY WITKIEWICZ MOVES ON TO BOS
3RD ERIC CLEGG

Category 15A, 16C, 18C
1ST BRIAN THOMPSON
2ND BILL DUGAN
3RD MIKE CALLAHAN

MORE TO COME REAL SOON 1ST PLACE WINNERS MOVE ON TO THE BEST OF SHOW

art

mikeysab said:
Whats a larger? Is that like an imperial, or double?

That's a new beer that's only available to Mensa members, of which Art is clearly a charter member.

Last update I saw was on Dec. 21st:
1st round winners

Light largers
1st suellen vickers SHORE BREAK LARGER

Category 2a, 6b, 10a, 10b, 10c
1ST SCOTT SATTERTHWAITE BEST OF 02
2ND ANDREW GIOIA B-SIDE BROWN
3RD STEVE PRAGEL CRAB JUICE

Category 14 A , 14 B
1ST SCOTT SATTERWATIE
3RD ERIC CLEGG

Category 15A, 16C, 18C
1ST BRIAN THOMPSON
2ND BILL DUGAN
3RD MIKE CALLAHAN

MORE TO COME REAL SOON 1ST PLACE WINNERS MOVE ON TO THE BEST OF SHOW

art

You guys ready for this one? According to that, I'm the supposed 3rd place finisher in categories 14A and 14B

.....I never submitted an IPA.

You guys ready for this one? According to that, I'm the supposed 3rd place finisher in categories 14A and 14B

Dude, pretty darn impressive if you ask me. Top three finish in a category you didn't enter? Imagine if you HAD entered the category. You probably could have swept the top three spots with one beer.

Dude, pretty darn impressive if you ask me. Top three finish in a category you didn't enter? Imagine if you HAD entered the category. You probably could have swept the top three spots with one beer.

That's just how DAMN good my hefeweizen was! So good, it couldn't be contained to merely one category.

Good god... I actually thought this thread would have petered out a while ago, but it just continues to give!

Just goes to show that there's no limit to idiocy when you mix boys with beer :D

If you submitted a Hefeweizen, I'm guessing he just reversed his list of winners for categories 14A/B and 15A/16C/18C.

Received this message earlier today:

East Coast West Coast
BEER COMPITION FINAL RESULTS

winners

Category 1 A, 1 B , 1 C , 1 D, 1 E ,

1st suellen vickers

Category 2a, 6b, 8c ,10a, 10b, 10c

1ST SCOTT SATTERTHWAITE

2ND ANDREW GIOIA

3RD STEVE PRAGEL

Category 12A , 13A , 13B , 13 C , 13 E, 13 F ,

1ST PLACE TIE Steve pragel
1st PLACE TIE Michael horn

3rd Martin berkery

Category 15 A , 16 c, 18c

1ST SCOTT SATTERWATIE

3RD disqualified

Category 14A , 14b ,

1ST BRIAN THOMPSON

2ND BILL DUGAN

3RD MIKE CALLAHAN

Category 21 B , 23 A,

1ST BENJAMIN FARRAR

2ND LEE KEXEL

3RD KEVIN SHERTZ

Category 5 b , 9 d ,

1st scott satterthwaite B O S

2ND GARY MCNAMARA

3RD JONATHEN KISSINGER

CONGRATULATIONS' TO SCOTT Satterthwaite for his entry BOCK IT TO ME AND THE WINNER OF THE FIRST WEST COAST EAST COAST BREW OFf. SCOTT IS FROM CALIFORNIA. ALL PRIZES WILL BE MAIL OUT IN THE NEXT WEEK ALONG WITH SCORE SHEETS

I like the "FIRST WEST COAST EAST COAST BREW OFf". Like he isn't closing the door to another. :D

Not sure how you do a line of caps and only get ONE letter that isn't caps.... Guy has talent....

Hermit said:
Not sure how you do a line of caps and only get ONE letter that isn't caps.... Guy has talent....

Art doesn't know about the caps lock, he just holds down the shift key. His finger slipped as he was hammered from all the free beer he's been drinking lately.

bottlebomber said:
Art doesn't know about the caps lock, he just holds down the shift key. His finger slipped as he was hammered from all the free beer he's been drinking lately.

Blue collar sonofabitch beat me to it

Riding on the laurels of this strategic victory, Scott Satterthwaite should easily be the hands on favorite to win the AHA, Sam Adams, and every other major competition this year...

As soon as I realized what that email was, I deleted it. I'd love to know how many of those winners:

1. Are actual people

2. Are members of Art's club

3. Also have poor grammar

I just read this whole thread and I am so glad I didn't enter in this. I'm sorry all this happened. I can't wait to see some score sheets.

My 3rd place beer was the disqualified one. Apparently he wasn't too happy of my wording in an e-mail I sent requesting information on why it has taken to mid-January to post scores and results from a half-a**ed competition that took place last Thanksgiving. So he got upset and told me my entry had been disqualified.

I expressed my sincere anguish that I would no longer be receiving his macaroni noodle art as a yellow prize ribbon.

Not sure how that response went over...

My 3rd place beer was the disqualified one. Apparently he wasn't too happy of my wording in an e-mail I sent requesting information on why it has taken to mid-January to post scores and results from a half-a**ed competition that took place last Thanksgiving. So he got upset and told me my entry had been disqualified.

I expressed my sincere anguish that I would no longer be receiving his macaroni noodle art as a yellow prize ribbon.

Nice! This guy has less professionalism than the 13 year old that works at my local McDonald's. It's funny too that your disqualification is presumably some form of punishment in his mind, as if his "contest" has any merit, as if the submitters have been eagerly awaiting their ribbons. Yeah, Art, you really pulled this one off.

I'd pass that story to the AHA if I was you. The more complaints they get, the less likely they are to sanction and publicize this disaster next year.

Back