8.75 lbs Maris Otter LME

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
About a year ago I purchased 40 lbs of misc. partial bags of extract. I have two left, one of which is the title bag. Any good ideas on what to make, other than a Wee Heavy or a Left-Coast IPA? I've lots of Columbus and a couple oz. of Cascades, but could nip out & get some other hops. Also have a pound each of chocolate, crystal 40L and munich.

I'd use the MO, Crystal, and optionally the Munich to make a British PA or ESB. But I also think MO is fine to substitute for 2-row in just about anything, so it really depends on what you feel like and how your tastes are running.

i second the ESB. nice malt profile, plus those awesome hops. it'll be a "West Caost" ESB, but an ESB non-the-less!

I think I'll do an ESB, but only use 7 lbs of the extract. That way, I'll have a nice session ale for mowing the lawn in February. I have to cut the grass just before the daffodil season or wait until they are done blooming. Takes most of the day with all the time I spend winching the tractor out of gopher holes! ;)

7 lbs MO LME
8 oz munich
8 oz crystal 40L
2 oz chocolate (for color)

0.75 oz Columbus @ 60
1 oz Cascade @ 45

Back