What's YOUR ideal and perfect house beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built my all-grain "One Buck Bombers" off a Two-Hearted clone. All Centennial with a 16 pound malt backbone. I try to keep my 5.5 gallon batches under $25, yet keep them above 7% ABV.

Here's my hazelnut sweet stout, just bottled tonight.

I'd like to point out that the bottle on the right is clear.

image.jpg

For me, a nice Hefeweizen is the perfect house beer. Easy to make. Fast to ferment. Great flavor. Low ABV so you can have three in a sitting without breaking a sweat.

I've worked on a few 'sessionable' IPAs and APAs, but they always seem thin sub 5.0. Hefes taste spot on in that same range.

Pale mild, "hop sesh", Patersbier, Saison, session porter--that's my current run alongside some bigger, hoppy beers

A nice Pale Ale with 10 lbs of 2 row and a touch of caramel 60. 1 oz of hops @60 for the IBU (30-40) and 1 oz at the end. I reuse WLP007 dry English ale yeast . Grain to glass in 3 weeks. This beer is clean and bright around 5% .Usually under 20 bucks. I am checking the gravity after the first week.

image.jpg

Back