Keggle build help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanjints

Reaction score
I am going to pick up 2 kegs sometime this weekend. I am going to order a bulkhead and pickup tube from bargainfittings. My question comes into which inside the vessel fitting to chose. I want to use the 90* side pick up dip tube. So which fitting do I need?

Also what is the harm in using brass over stainless?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. You'll need the bulkhead you mentioned, and this pickup tube.

It should come with all the fittings you need.

There's no harm in using brass as long as you clean it properly. I like the looks and the durability of stainless though. Brass you'll need to replace every few years when it starts getting nasty...stainless is good for a long time.

Suthrncomfrt1884 said:
I'm not quite sure what you're asking. You'll need the bulkhead you mentioned, and this pickup tube.

It should come with all the fittings you need.

There's no harm in using brass as long as you clean it properly. I like the looks and the durability of stainless though. Brass you'll need to replace every few years when it starts getting nasty...stainless is good for a long time.

The answer to my question was on the page you linked. I was confused about npt 90 or 45 or something or other.

Back