What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just housed a monster ultra zero. Running late for work today. Kraussen clogged up airlock on my hefe and blew the top off. I've had a a couple close calls but never had the top pop. I quickly washed the lid and airlock the best I could and sprayed them down with sanitizer then reattached. i also converted to a blow off. I hope the beer turns out okay :(

I have had a clogged air lock several times . Always after a very quick start on ferment. I use blow off if I am not going to be able to keep an eye on the thing .
I had this happen only at around 70 degree room temps . I brewed all my beers at these temps up until the last 4 batches so these temps work okay for taste . In fridge at 67 or less it takes me days to even get a small bubble going and then up to 2 weeks for it to finish bubbling .

I do not see a problem with the top popping as I have opened up several batches and re closed in the middle of fermentation with no problems . the top was almost popped on one and when I pulled the airlock it shot beer all over , mostly foam I guess but turned out fine .

MarcusKillion said:
I have had a clogged air lock several times . Always after a very quick start on ferment. I use blow off if I am not going to be able to keep an eye on the thing .
I had this happen only at around 70 degree room temps . I brewed all my beers at these temps up until the last 4 batches so these temps work okay for taste . In fridge at 67 or less it takes me days to even get a small bubble going and then up to 2 weeks for it to finish bubbling .

I do not see a problem with the top popping as I have opened up several batches and re closed in the middle of fermentation with no problems . the top was almost popped on one and when I pulled the airlock it shot beer all over , mostly foam I guess but turned out fine .

I'm sure it will be fine but you never know. It popped while I was sleeping. The lid wasn't even bulging at 10pm and popped between then and 430 am.

Happy Birthday Gabe! :mug: You breaking out any special bottles today?

I'm sure I'll drink something out I shouldn't when I'm drunk later. :D

NG Berliner Weisse is pretty special for now, last of the mix 6er of NG a friend brought me from Wisco. This is my fav NG beer for sure.

It's "Lunch" time.

image-2221008906.jpg

Orange crush on the rocks. Just got done de-weeding one of the gardens out front. Got these dang stalky plants that look close to my stalky flowers around the lamp post. Then the wild grapes & poison ivy growin between the bricks. Good thing I could drag an outdoor chair around it with the log handled pruners,or it woulda been a lot harder. Gunna shoot another TGIF Tasting video later for my channel.

TNGabe said:
I'm sure I'll drink something out I shouldn't when I'm drunk later. :D

NG Berliner Weisse is pretty special for now, last of the mix 6er of NG a friend brought me from Wisco. This is my fav NG beer for sure.

I never know whats worse, drinking a great beer while too drunk to appreciate it or not having it at all :p water for me at the moment

Horny Goat Hopped up and horny .
I like it . Lots of hop flavor and aroma . Not too bitter on the aftertaste . must find a clone

Smashing my Imperial Stoutfoliumdides.

Listening to Fred Everything. My pumpkin brew is almost done boiling. Smacked.

image-2775246832.jpg

Blackberry Berliner, also not very carbed. :( I used 150g of table sugar for each batch and the beer never got over mid 70s

image-3502538130.jpg

Blackberry Berliner, also not very carbed. :( I used 150g of table sugar for each batch and the beer never got over mid 70s

That sucks. Hey where you at in Tennessee? I'm helping my neighbor move their the rest of this week and weekend.

Stone OAK Arrogant Bastard . Not too bad but I think I like the regular arrogant bastard . This does not have the flavor it has . too much bitter not enough hop flavor / aroma I think

That sucks. Hey where you at in Tennessee? I'm helping my neighbor move their the rest of this week and weekend.

It hasn't been that long, but usually this beer bottle conditions in a couple days. Still good, just flat.

Fall Branch is in the NE corner of the state. We're closer to Canada then Memphis.

Saisona Nevada, watching yet another interview with Chad Yakobson.

image-2854392252.jpg

Hit my OG on the quad, had to cheat and add some turbinado. Final runnings still at 1.040, I'd have made a second brew if I had a fermenter to put it in.

image-3050241337.jpg

Back