Kegerator dimension question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxdcmast

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a sanyo 3620W that I was able to snag from work for free. I would like to turn this into a kegerator. The only thing is the bottom of the fridge has the compressor hump that takes up about half the space on the bottom.

Do you know what the minimum space needed on the bottom of a kegerator is for holding a corny keg? Right now I measured mine at about 9.5 inches from hump to front. Is that enough?

DSCF0001-12.jpg

DSCF0002-12.jpg

u could search around for the collar that people put on there's. it seems like a good idea if its insulated enough

My cornies are 8.5" in diameter. Ball locks are slightly more narrow than pin locks. Since you pulled the shelves out of the door, I bet you'd have enough room.

If the shelf is about that wide as well, and assuming you have enough height, I'd make a shelf over the hump and see if you can fit 3-4. If not, you should be able to fit 1-2 in there, but you may have to remove the inner door panel.

My cornies are about 9X26, but there are variations in different kegs. I'd say 9-9.5 X 27-28 to be safe...

Yea its deifnitely not tall enough to make a shelf and fit the cornies. It may be pretty tight with the 2 cornies in the but if I can get that I would be happy.

Back